Ruby Rose Alleges Unsafe Conditions, Toxic Behavior on the Set of Batwoman

Forum 2 years ago

Ruby Rose Alleges Unsafe Conditions, Toxic Behavior on the Set of Batwoman

Ruby Rose took to social media on Wednesday to slam the CW and the production of Batwoman, alleging some incredibly toxic behavior that led to her leaving the series.

https://i0.wp.com/storage.waploaded.com/images/69f33efd2b4b397880a4eca3ec816ee1.jpg

Taking to Instagram, Rose shared a handful of stories from her time on the show, addressing the message to the CW, Warner Bros. TV, and Berlanti Productions, as well as a variety of other top executives that were overseeing production of the series.

“Enough is enough,” Rose said in her first message. “I’m going to tell the whole world what really happened on that set… I will come for you so what happened to me never happens to another person again. And so I can finally take back my life and the truth. Shame on you.”

Rose went on to share a variety of videos from doctors’ visits that they apparently had regarding injuries they had sustained to her ribs and neck, allegedly from filming the series. Rose then accompanied that with text, explaining that they were forced to return to work just 10 days after having surgery in 2019.

“To everyone who said I was too stiff on Batwoman, imagine going back to work 10 days after this … 10 DAYS,” Rose said in the story. “(Or the whole crew and cast would be fired and I’d let everyone down because [Warner Bros. Television executive] Peter Roth said he would recast and I just lost the studio millions (by getting injured on his set) … Instead of spending half a day to rewrite me out for a few weeks to heal).”

Rose shocked the fans of Batwoman last year when they abruptly left the show, with many not knowing why they would have left. In her stories, though, Rose wanted to make it clear that they “did not quit” the series, and her departure was more because of the constant issues that were popping up on set and behind-the-scenes. “They ruined Kate Kane and they destroyed Batwoman, not me,” Rose said in her stories. “I followed orders, and if I wanted to stay I was going to have to sign my rights away. Any threats, any bullying tactics, or blackmail will not make me stand down.”

Elsewhere in the posts, Rose also alleged even worse stories that happened to those on set, including a crew member who “got 3rd degree burns over his whole body,” a PA who was “left quadriplegic” after an incident occurred on set, and stories about former WB TV President Peter Roth allegedly acting inappropriately with various women on set, among other accusations.

In an update shortly after the news broke, Warner Bros. Television pushed back on the allegations from Rose, noting that they did choose not to exercise their option to not have Rose return to the show due to “multiple complaints” made against Rose. Their full statement is below:

“Despite the revisionist history that Ruby Rose is now sharing online aimed at the producers, the cast and crew, the network, and the Studio, the truth is that Warner Bros. Television had decided not to exercise its option to engage Ruby for season two of Batwoman based on multiple complaints about workplace behavior that were extensively reviewed and handled privately out of respect for all concerned.”

What's your rating?
{{ratingsCount}} Votes

Related Forums
Elsbeth Season 2 Set by CBS for The Good Wife Spin-off
Forum | 3 hours ago

Elsbeth Season 2 Set by CBS for The Good Wife Spin-off

The Coffee Table Digital Release Date Set for Super Dark Comedy
Forum | 7 hours ago

The Coffee Table Digital Release Date Set for Super Dark Comedy

Sunny Release Date Set for Apple’s Rashida Jones Dark Comedy
Forum | 10 hours ago

Sunny Release Date Set for Apple’s Rashida Jones Dark Comedy