The Sopranos Prequel Series Being Discussed at HBO Max

Forum 2 years ago

The Sopranos Prequel Series Being Discussed at HBO Max

Following the theatrical release of The Many Saints of Newark earlier this month, Deadline brings word that The Sopranos creator David Chase and WarnerMedia are currently having discussions about the possibility of an HBO Max prequel series set within the acclaimed crime drama’s universe.

https://i0.wp.com/storage.waploaded.com/images/d100171cc0247a2655ce485d78b7a887.jpg

Speaking with the outlet, CEO Ann Sarnoff has revealed that they’re thrilled with the results of the spin-off film’s theatrical and HBO Max performance.

“We’re talking to David about a new series, Sopranos related, on HBO Max,” Sarnoff said.

The Emmy-winning creator previously teased that a potential next Sopranos story would probably take place during the late 1960s and 1970s after the events of the film. “There’s only one way that I would do it, and that was if Terry [Winter] and I could write the script together. That I would do.”

The Many Saints of Newark was directed by Alan Taylor from a screenplay written by series creator David Chase and Lawrence Konner. It starred Michael Gandolfini as Tony Soprano, Alessandro Nivola as Dickie Moltisanti, Leslie Odom Jr. as Harold McBrayer, Jon Bernthal as Johnny Boy, Corey Stoll as Corrado, Billy Magnussen as Paulie, Michela De Rossi as Giuseppina, John Magaro as Silvio, Ray Liotta as Aldo, and Vera Farmiga as Livia.

The Sopranos prequel was produced by Chase, Konner, and Nicole Lambert, with Michael Disco, Marcus Viscidi, Toby Emmerich and Richard Brener set as executive producers.

The original series ran on-air for six seasons from 1999-2007. It starred James Gandolfini, Lorraine Bracco, Edie Falcon, Michael Imperioli, Dominic Chianese, and more. During its original run, it has been regarded as one of the greatest and most influential television drama series of all time—was honored with 21 Primetime Emmy Awards and five Golden Globe Awards.

What's your rating?
{{ratingsCount}} Votes

Related Forums
Pretty Little Liars Season 2 Trailer Previews Max Thriller’s Newest Villain
Forum | 1 day ago

Pretty Little Liars Season 2 Trailer Previews Max Thriller’s Newest Villain

Golden Axe Animated Series Ordered at Comedy Central
Forum | 2 days ago

Golden Axe Animated Series Ordered at Comedy Central

Young Sheldon Stars Share Tribute as Series Wraps Final Episode
Forum | 2 days ago

Young Sheldon Stars Share Tribute as Series Wraps Final Episode

One Hundred Years of Solitude Teaser Trailer Reveals Netflix Series Based on Masterpiece Novel
Forum | 2 days ago

One Hundred Years of Solitude Teaser Trailer Reveals Netflix Series Based on Masterpiece Novel