Bill Murray Confirms Appearance in Ant-Man and The Wasp: Quantumania

Forum 2 years ago

Bill Murray Confirms Appearance in Ant-Man and The Wasp: Quantumania

During a recent interview with German newspaper Frankfurter Allgemeine Zeitung, Golden Globe winner Bill Murray has confirmed that he’ll be making his Marvel Cinematic Universe debut in Marvel Studios’ upcoming Ant-Man and The Wasp: Quantumania.

https://i0.wp.com/storage.waploaded.com/images/24bd82acb0d102d969ddab3c0eab4b81.jpg

Because of his frequent collaborations with filmmakers like Wes Anderson and Sofia Coppola, the Ghostbuster star was asked about whether if it’s important for him to work with filmmakers he’s already familiar with whenever he chooses projects. He then answered the question by citing director Peyton Reed, which led him to disclose his involvement in the 2023 superhero film.

“You know, recently I made a Marvel movie,” Murray said. (translated via Deadline). “I probably won’t tell you, but never mind. In any case, some people were quite surprised why I decided on such a project. But for me the thing was quite clear: I got to know the director – and really liked him very much. He was funny, humble, everything you want from a director. And with the cheerleader story Bring It On, he made a movie years ago which I think is damn good.”

However, he seemingly confirmed that his mystery role in Ant-Man 3 might only be small as he dismisses the notion that he’ll be back for other films. “So I agreed, although I’m not interested in these huge comic book adaptations as an actor otherwise… Let’s put it this way: the director is a good guy, and now I’ve at least tried out what it’s like to shoot a Marvel movie. But I don’t think I need that experience a second time.”

In Ant-Man and The Wasp: Quantumania, Paul Rudd and Evangeline Lilly will once again share top billing as Scott Lang/Ant-Man and Hope van Dyne/Wasp, respectively. They were both last seen by fans during Avengers: Endgame. The film will also feature the return of Michael Douglas and Michelle Pfeiffer as they reprise their roles as Hank Pym and Janet Van Dyne. It’s still unclear if Michael Peña’s fan-favorite Luis and David Dastmalchian’s Kurt would also be back for the sequel as well.

The third installment will also introduce MCU newcomer Kathryn Newton (The Society, Freaky) as she now takes over the role of Cassie Lang, a character previously portrayed by Abby Ryder Fortson in the first Ant-Man films and Emma Fuhrmann in Endgame. It has also been confirmed that Lovecraft Country star Jonathan Majors have been cast as Marvel villain Kang the Conqueror, which marks the character’s live-action debut.

Ant-Man and The Wasp: Quantumania will again be directed by Peyton Reed from a screenplay written by Jeff Loveness, who is best known for writing the Emmy-winning episode titled “The Vat of Acid Episode,” on Rick and Morty.

Production is currently underway in the UK and is expected to debut on July 28, 2023.

What's your rating?
{{ratingsCount}} Votes

Related Forums
A Man in Full Trailer & Poster Preview Jeff Daniels-Led Netflix Series
Forum | 2 days ago

A Man in Full Trailer & Poster Preview Jeff Daniels-Led Netflix Series

Frankenstein: Guillermo del Toro Confirms Respected Horror Actor Has ‘Pivotal Cameo’ in Movie
Forum | 3 days ago

Frankenstein: Guillermo del Toro Confirms Respected Horror Actor Has ‘Pivotal Cameo’ in Movie

I Met Paul As A Single Man - Ivy Ifeoma Addresses Accusations Of Being A Husband Snatcher
Forum | 3 days ago

I Met Paul As A Single Man - Ivy Ifeoma Addresses Accusations Of Being A Husband Snatcher

One-Punch Man Live-Action Movie Enlists Rick & Morty Creator as Writer
Forum | 3 days ago

One-Punch Man Live-Action Movie Enlists Rick & Morty Creator as Writer