Sofia Boutella to Star in Zack Snyder's Sci-Fi Movie Rebel Moon

Forum 2 years ago

Sofia Boutella to Star in Zack Snyder's Sci-Fi Movie Rebel Moon

Sofia Boutella (Star Trek: Beyond, Atomic Blonde, Kingsman: The Secret Service) is set to star in Zack Snyder’s sci-fi adventure feature Rebel Moon, according to Deadline. The movie will launch on Netflix under the filmmaker’s new overall deal with the streamer.

https://i0.wp.com/storage.waploaded.com/images/b62f987189c2b516bbced73810f0712e.jpg

Rebel Moon was quickly announced following Zack and Deborah Snyder’s production banner The Stone Quarry signing a first-look deal with Netflix. According to the outlet, Boutella “wowed” Snyder and the decision “came fast” to cast her in the lead role of the film.

Rebel Moon will be directed by Snyder who is co-writing the script with Shay Hatten and Kurt Johnstad. The project is based on a story by Snyder and Johnstad.

“The film is set in a peaceful colony on the edge of the galaxy that finds itself threatened by the armies of the tyrannical Regent Balisarius,” according to the outlet’s synopsis. “They dispatch a young woman with a mysterious past to seek out warriors from neighboring planets to help them take a stand the Tyrant.”

The feature will be produced by Deborah Snyder, Wesley Coller, and Zack Snyder for The Stone Quarry along with Grand Electric’s Eric Newman. Sarah Bowen will executive produce for Grand Electric.

What's your rating?
{{ratingsCount}} Votes

Related Forums
Charlie Day and Allison Williams to Star in Murder Mystery Movie Kill Me
Forum | 6 hours ago

Charlie Day and Allison Williams to Star in Murder Mystery Movie Kill Me

Chris Pratt to Star in Way of The Warrior Kid Movie Adaptation Directed by McG
Forum | 20 hours ago

Chris Pratt to Star in Way of The Warrior Kid Movie Adaptation Directed by McG

Pulse Cast: Happy Death Day Star & More Join Netflix’s First Medical Drama
Forum | 23 hours ago

Pulse Cast: Happy Death Day Star & More Join Netflix’s First Medical Drama