Devil May Cry Anime to Span Multiple Seasons & Feature Iconic Characters

Forum 2 years ago

Devil May Cry Anime to Span Multiple Seasons & Feature Iconic Characters

The upcoming anime series based on Capcom’s Devil May Cry video game franchise will have more than one season and feature some iconic characters from the series, producer Adi Shankar recently confirmed.

https://i0.wp.com/storage.waploaded.com/images/7518718c400c35a830dee8ca07a45f24.jpg

In an interview with IGN (via Anime News Network), Shankar spoke about the upcoming series and noted that he and Alex Larsen have already completed writing the scripts for the first season of the series. “The season 1 scripts are done,” Shankar said. “They are rad. I could not be more excited.”

Shankar also went on to reveal that the story of the anime series will need more than one season and that he is planning a “multi-season arc” for the series, just as he has been doing with Netflix’s Castlevania series, which he also produces. He also confirmed that several characters from the world of Devil May Cry would be included in the series, with Vergil, Lady, and Dante all set to appear in the series.

“I can confirm that Vergil is in it, as well as Lady, and of course Dante as well,” Shankar said, before jokingly adding “I can also confirm that Chris Pratt won’t be voicing any of the characters.”

The Devil May Cry anime’s first season will last eight episodes, with production reportedly set to begin sometime in 2022. Currently, no release information for the series has been confirmed, so it’s unclear when fans can expect to see the show.

What's your rating?
{{ratingsCount}} Votes

Related Forums
Late Night With The Devil Passes Box Office Milestone Ahead of Streaming Debut
Forum | 2 days ago

Late Night With The Devil Passes Box Office Milestone Ahead of Streaming Debut

Invincible Renewed for Seasons 4 & 5
Forum | 2 days ago

Invincible Renewed for Seasons 4 & 5

Euphoria’s Maude Apatow to Make Feature Film Directorial Debut With Poetic License
Forum | 1 week ago

Euphoria’s Maude Apatow to Make Feature Film Directorial Debut With Poetic License

Alaqua Cox Talks Potential Echo Season 2, Wants To Fight Iconic Spider-Man Villain
Forum | 1 week ago

Alaqua Cox Talks Potential Echo Season 2, Wants To Fight Iconic Spider-Man Villain