Henry Cavill Knows What Marvel Superhero He’d Like to Play

Forum 2 years ago

Henry Cavill Knows What Marvel Superhero He’d Like to Play

Henry Cavill is no stranger to playing superheroes and other characters with extraordinary powers. However, should he ever get the call to take part in the Marvel Cinematic Universe, he knows exactly who he would be.

https://i0.wp.com/storage.waploaded.com/images/edf860390849d1531e4dfdb78ce29fae.jpg

In a new interview with The Hollywood Reporter, Cavill was asked about the possibility of him ever joining the Marvel Cinematic Universe, especially with his role as Superman currently up in the air. While Cavill said that he’d never want to take a role away from another actor, there is one person he’d be fine with playing.

“I’m never going to say a Marvel character that is already being played by someone else because everyone’s doing such an amazing job,” he said. “However, I have the internet and I have seen the various rumors about Captain Britain and that would be loads of fun to do a cool, modernized version of that — like the way they modernized Captain America. There’s something fun about that, and I do love being British.”

As is the case with many famous actors, the idea of him being involved in the Marvel Cinematic Universe is something that fans have been hoping to see for some time. Of course, as it stands, the actor is still committed to his role as Superman in the DC Extended Universe, and his role as Geralt in Netflix’s The Witcher series, which is set to premiere its second season soon.

Aside from the name, Captain Britain is not much like Captain America. Captain Britain first debuted in 1976 as a normal human named Brian Braddock. After the death of his parents, Braddock goes to study at a nuclear research center. The facility falls under siege, which causes Brian to flee. After nearly dying in the process, the wizard Merlyn and his daughter, the Omniversal Guardian Roma appear before Braddock and offer him the chance to live as Captain Britain. After accepting the Amulet of Right, he transform into Captain Britain. Almost dying and then being visited by wizards just before death is just a little bit different than being injected with Super Soldier Serum.

What's your rating?
{{ratingsCount}} Votes

Related Forums
Korra Obidi’s Ex, Justin Dean Laments as 4-year-old Daughter Twerks Like Mother
Forum | 2 hours ago

Korra Obidi’s Ex, Justin Dean Laments as 4-year-old Daughter Twerks Like Mother

Brian Tyree Henry Joins Universal’s New Musical From Pharrell Williams
Forum | 18 hours ago

Brian Tyree Henry Joins Universal’s New Musical From Pharrell Williams

‘James Bond 26’ Trailer Starring Henry Cavill & Margot Robbie Goes Viral, but It’s an AI Fake
Forum | 2 days ago

‘James Bond 26’ Trailer Starring Henry Cavill & Margot Robbie Goes Viral, but It’s an AI Fake

I’m Not Fighting With My Successor Like Other Ex-Governors – Dave Umahi
Forum | 3 days ago

I’m Not Fighting With My Successor Like Other Ex-Governors – Dave Umahi