Breaking News: Rapper Young Dolph Shot and Killed in Memphis Bakery

Forum 2 years ago

Breaking News: Rapper Young Dolph Shot and Killed in Memphis Bakery

Rapper Young Dolph, 36, was shot and killed outside of a Memphis bakery on Wednesday afternoon, as police have confirmed.

https://i0.wp.com/storage.waploaded.com/images/7f93bf19d84f59780dd94562365de9fb.jpg

The musician — real name Adolph Robert Thornton, Jr. — was visiting Makeda’s Butter Cookies when the incident took place. According to Maurice Hill, the owner of the shop, Dolph was inside the store buying cookies when someone drove up and fired at him around 1 p.m. Dolph was a frequenter of the bakery, shouting them out on his social media channels just last week.

The rapper debuted in 2016 with his album King of Memphis, and his most recent album, Dum and Dummer 2, was released earlier this year in March with fellow rapper Key Glock. The album featured various guest appearances, including features by superstars Megan Thee Stallion and Juicy J. It debuted at number four on the Billboard 200 and was his highest-ranking album on the chart to date. Outside of music, Dolph was also known for his great sense of humor.

Since rising to fame in the early 2010s, Dolph has spent a considerable amount of time giving back to the Memphis community, with FOX13 reporting that he often partnered with the Memphis Athletic Ministries charity to hand out turkeys around Thanksgiving, speak to school children, as well as donating money to his former high school, Hamilton High School.

ComingSoon sends condolences to Thornton’s family and friends during this trying time.

What's your rating?
{{ratingsCount}} Votes

Related Forums
How My Son Was Killed By Vigilante Group – Bauchi District Head Reveals
Forum | 3 days ago

How My Son Was Killed By Vigilante Group – Bauchi District Head Reveals

Again, Ten Killed As Suspected Fulani Militias Attack Plateau Community
Forum | 4 days ago

Again, Ten Killed As Suspected Fulani Militias Attack Plateau Community

Young Couple Who Discovered They’re Siblings After a Year of Dating Refuse to End Relationship
Forum | 5 days ago

Young Couple Who Discovered They’re Siblings After a Year of Dating Refuse to End Relationship

I’m Honoured To Be Compared With Him – Don Jazzy On Comparison With Young Jonn
Forum | 5 days ago

I’m Honoured To Be Compared With Him – Don Jazzy On Comparison With Young Jonn