Arsenal boss Arteta moves to nick Yaya Toure away from Tottenham

Forum 2 years ago

Arsenal boss Arteta moves to nick Yaya Toure away from Tottenham

Arsenal manager Mikel Arteta has made a move to nick Yaya Toure away from Tottenham.

https://i0.wp.com/storage.waploaded.com/images/df475dd42dd6c0590191dfbd47a846e4.jpeg

The Ivorian worked with Arteta at Manchester City when the Spaniard was Pep Guardiola's assistant at the Etihad.

Toure is gaining experience ahead of completing his formal coaching qualifications.

He was the assistant manager at Ukrainian outfit Olimpik Donetsk earlier in the year and currently holds a similar position at Russian side Akhmat Grozny.

Toure is also volunteering at Tottenham, working alongside coaches Dean Rastrick and Chris Powell.

Arteta is happy for the ex-player to leave Arsenal's biggest rivals and continue his managerial education at the Emirates.

"He has my number because we spent some years together," said the Gunners boss. "He's a player I appreciate a lot and he has my number and can ask me the question.

"He certainly has the experience, the expertise and won a lot in the game to add value to the game for sure."

What's your rating?
{{ratingsCount}} Votes

Related Forums
EPL: It’s not over yet – Declan Rice on title race after Arsenal defeat
Forum | 1 day ago

EPL: It’s not over yet – Declan Rice on title race after Arsenal defeat

EPL: It’s gone 100% – Merson slams Arteta as Arsenal lose in title race
Forum | 1 day ago

EPL: It’s gone 100% – Merson slams Arteta as Arsenal lose in title race

Transfer: Tottenham Hotspur, Manchester United make Adarabioyo contact
Forum | 2 days ago

Transfer: Tottenham Hotspur, Manchester United make Adarabioyo contact