Live-Action Television Series Based on Battle Chasers Comic in the Works

Forum 2 years ago

Live-Action Television Series Based on Battle Chasers Comic in the Works

Alcon Television Group will be developing a live-action television series based on the Battle Chasers fantasy comic book series, according to a recent report from Deadline.

https://i0.wp.com/storage.waploaded.com/images/47cc93ea1bd71f635cc5a68345a47040.jpg

The production group won the rights to the television show after stepping in with an early bid, the report notes. The series will be developed with John Wick writer Derek Kolstad attached to write and executive produce the series. The move comes shortly after the news that the comic series would be returning after a 20-year hiatus. No official release information for the series, or a home for it, has been announced as of yet.

“As a storyteller – as well as a super fan of unapologetic and unrelenting action – I can’t wait for people to feel as giddy as I did when I first laid eyes on Battle Chasers,” said Kolstad. “The world which Joe has created here, coupled with the characters therein, is both unique and yet familiar.”

Battle Chasers is a fantasy comic book series that initially debuted in April 1998. Created by legendary comic book artist Joe Madureira, Battle Chasers takes place in an “arcanepunk” setting, and follows a ragtag group of heroes as they take on various villains. Battle Chasers has a bit of an infamous history, as the ninth issue of the series ended on a cliffhanger in 2001 before it went on an indefinite hiatus.

Fortunately for fans, earlier this year Madureira confirmed that the comic book series would return, although it’s currently unknown when it will come out. The comic book series is no stranger to adaptations, with a turn-based role-playing video game — Battle Chasers: Nightwar — releasing in October 2017 from developer Airship Syndicate, a studio co-founded my Madureira. That same studio also created Darksiders Genesis, a video game series Madureira also has been heavily involved in.

What's your rating?
{{ratingsCount}} Votes

Related Forums
He Bled Neon: Rita Ora Joins Jack O’Connell and Joe Cole in Action Thriller
Forum | 2 days ago

He Bled Neon: Rita Ora Joins Jack O’Connell and Joe Cole in Action Thriller

Twilight of the Gods: Zack Snyder’s Animated Netflix Series Gets Release Date Window
Forum | 3 days ago

Twilight of the Gods: Zack Snyder’s Animated Netflix Series Gets Release Date Window

Account For Multi-Trillion-Naira Allocations From Federal Account Committee Or Face Legal Action - SERAP Tells Wike, 36 Governors
Forum | 3 days ago

Account For Multi-Trillion-Naira Allocations From Federal Account Committee Or Face Legal Action - SERAP Tells Wike, 36 Governors

Calabasas: Netflix Nabs Rights to Teen Series From Kim Kardashian & Emma Roberts
Forum | 3 days ago

Calabasas: Netflix Nabs Rights to Teen Series From Kim Kardashian & Emma Roberts