Universal Films Will Debut on Peacock as Early as 45 Days Following Theatrical Release

Forum 2 years ago

Universal Films Will Debut on Peacock as Early as 45 Days Following Theatrical Release

NBCUniversal has announced a new theatrical windowing model that will stream most titles from Universal Filmed Entertainment Group (UFEG) exclusively on Peacock as early as 45 days after their theatrical and PVOD release.

https://i0.wp.com/storage.waploaded.com/images/a145956bac77d58a7b887012f6f64530.jpg

This distribution model will begin with the studio’s 2022 film slate and will maintain UFEG’s existing PVOD deals with exhibition.

“As we continue investing in the most valued and sought-after content for Peacock, films are essential to that mix,” said Kelly Campbell, President, Peacock. “The team at Universal Filmed Entertainment Group are fantastic partners and we are excited to bring their amazing slate of blockbuster films and beloved franchises to Peacock as early as 45 days after their theatrical release, and provide a steady stream of fresh, original films exclusively for Peacock customers throughout the year.”

The 2022 theatrical slate will feature some of the biggest titles from Universal Pictures, Focus Features, Illumination, and DreamWorks Animation including The 355, the “hard-driving original approach to the globe-trotting espionage genre” starring Jessica Chastain, Penélope Cruz, Bingbing Fan, Diane Kruger, and Lupita Nyong’o; Ticket To Paradise, starring George Clooney and Julia Roberts; The Black Phone from Blumhouse Productions starring Ethan Hawke; Marry Me starring Jennifer Lopez and Owen Wilson; new movies from DreamWorks Animation including The Bad Guys; Downton Abbey: A New Era from Focus Features; Ambulance, the breakneck thriller from director-producer Michael Bay; the final installment of the Halloween franchise Halloween Ends, and much more.

“Prioritizing the theatrical experience and eventizing our world class content remains the cornerstone of our business,” said Peter Levinsohn, Vice Chairman and Chief Distribution Officer, UFEG. “By ensuring our upcoming slate has both a theatrical window and timely Peacock debut, we satisfy the needs and expectations for key stakeholders across the spectrum, from our filmmakers and producing partners, to cinemagoers and Peacock subscribers.”

What's your rating?
{{ratingsCount}} Votes

Related Forums
My Spy: The Eternal City Photo Sets Release Date for Dave Bautista Sequel
Forum | 1 day ago

My Spy: The Eternal City Photo Sets Release Date for Dave Bautista Sequel

The Devil’s Bath Shudder Release Date Confirmed for Period Horror Movie
Forum | 1 day ago

The Devil’s Bath Shudder Release Date Confirmed for Period Horror Movie

Melissa Barrera Is Open to Starring in Scary Movie 6 Following Scream Exit
Forum | 1 day ago

Melissa Barrera Is Open to Starring in Scary Movie 6 Following Scream Exit