Spider-Man: No Way Home Took One Move From the Insomniac Video Games

Forum 2 years ago

Spider-Man: No Way Home Took One Move From the Insomniac Video Games

Insomniac Games’ Spider-Man games have had plenty of references to the films, but now it seems like the newest Spider-Man movie is returning some of that respect. Spider-Man himself, Tom Holland, recently revealed that Spider-Man: No Way Home contains a nod to those video games.

https://i0.wp.com/storage.waploaded.com/images/dbec589b3f54981dd3cc3a1e02367321.jpg

Holland briefly mentioned this in an interview with the Mexico-based pop culture outlet Extraordinerd. When prompted about if the game was an inspiration for the film, Holland laid out his admiration for Insomniac’s games and backpedaled just a bit to correct himself when he was about to say they didn’t have any influence on No Way Home.

“I have played the video game,” he said. “I absolutely loved it. Sony were obviously very generous. They sent us a PS5 while we were shooting Spider-Man. And I would play it when we were at home. I think the game is amazing. I think it’s so fun. The swinging around the city is so well done. But I don’t think it was really… there’s actually one move that Spider-Man does in the game that we took, and he does in the film, and it’s really cool.”

Holland doesn’t name what move his Peter Parker takes from Insomniac’s so it’s up for viewers to wait until December 17 to put the pieces together. It could be one of the special moves in the game like the Web Blossom players get early on or one of his gadgets like his Web Bombs or Electric Webs.

The recent Marvel films from Sony have had some references to the games before, too. Into the Spider-Verse had Insomniac’s suit with the white spider on it in the lair with the other suits. Far From Home featured Insomniac’s Velocity suit when Peter was constructing his own. Even one of the Morbius trailers had key art from one of the game’s loading screens in it.

What's your rating?
{{ratingsCount}} Votes

Related Forums
EPL: They didn’t follow instructions – Ten Hag slams five Man Utd players
Forum | 6 hours ago

EPL: They didn’t follow instructions – Ten Hag slams five Man Utd players

EPL: Rio Ferdinand reveals ‘only’ way Sancho will return to Manchester United from Dortmund
Forum | 6 hours ago

EPL: Rio Ferdinand reveals ‘only’ way Sancho will return to Manchester United from Dortmund

EPL: They’re miles off Man City, Arsenal – Merson tells Chelsea two signings to make
Forum | 6 hours ago

EPL: They’re miles off Man City, Arsenal – Merson tells Chelsea two signings to make

EPL: They will win all their games – Micah Richards picks team to win title
Forum | 6 hours ago

EPL: They will win all their games – Micah Richards picks team to win title