LL Cool J Tests Positive for COVID, Cancels New Year's Rockin' Eve Performance

Forum 2 years ago

LL Cool J Tests Positive for COVID, Cancels New Year's Rockin' Eve Performance

Variety brings word that 2021 Rock & Roll Hall of Fame inductee LL Cool J has canceled his performance at this year’s Dick Clark’s New Year’s Rockin’ Eve with Ryan Seacrest 2022 after testing positive for COVID. The Grammy Award winner was set to perform from the stage in Times Square.

https://i0.wp.com/storage.waploaded.com/images/b6a305dfed2cca18be9bbe1b46488559.jpg

“I know it’s disappointing to the millions of fans but my test came back positive for COVID, which means I’ll no longer be able to perform as scheduled at New Year’s Rockin’ Eve,” LL Cool J said in a statement. “We were ready and I was really looking forward to ringing in 2022 in my hometown in a special way, but for now I wish everyone a healthy and happy New Year. The best is yet to come!“

Chlöe will also no longer be performing after initial plans to sing her “Have Mercy” track. The ABC special’s 50th anniversary is still moving forward, with Seacrest and Liza Koshy hosting.

Journey is still set to perform along with Latin recording artist Karol G. The outlet adds that the event will also include “a New Orleans segment, featuring co-host Billy Porter performing his new single, and a Spanish-language countdown from Puerto Rico, with co-host Roselyn Sanchez, along with a performance by Daddy Yankee.” Previously taped performances will also be showcased during the event’s Los Angeles segments.

LL Cool J’s exit from the special follows many last-minute delays and cancellations in the industry due to the ongoing pandemic and the Omicron variant.

What's your rating?
{{ratingsCount}} Votes

Related Forums
Riz Ahmed Joins Cast of New Wes Anderson Movie
Forum | 1 day ago

Riz Ahmed Joins Cast of New Wes Anderson Movie

Shallipopi
Forum | 2 days ago

Shallipopi's New Album, Shakespopi Claims 1st-9th Position On Apple Music

Star Trek: Strange New Worlds Season 4 Ordered, Lower Decks Ending with Season 5
Forum | 4 days ago

Star Trek: Strange New Worlds Season 4 Ordered, Lower Decks Ending with Season 5

Before 4: Ethan Hawke Would ‘Definitely’ Return If Richard Linklater Wrote New Sequel
Forum | 4 days ago

Before 4: Ethan Hawke Would ‘Definitely’ Return If Richard Linklater Wrote New Sequel