Anna Nicole Smith To Be the Subject of Netflix Documentary

Forum 2 years ago

Anna Nicole Smith To Be the Subject of Netflix Documentary

The late Playboy model and reality TV star Anna Nicole Smith will be the subject of a new Netflix documentary that is currently in production, according to Variety. A release date for the project has not yet been set.

https://i0.wp.com/storage.waploaded.com/images/c469d34c06931029a323cced3f7d996c.jpg

The currently untitled film will is said to include “never-before-seen footage from an unreleased documentary about a young Smith balancing motherhood while on the verge of global stardom.”

Directed by Ursula Macfarlane (The Lost Sons, Untouchable), the documentary will focus on Smith’s cultural impact. Smith was known for being a Playmate and Guess model, with her life providing “ceaseless tabloid fodder” that included a public battle for her late husband, J. Howard Marshall II’s estate, “drug addiction, paternity lawsuits,” as well as the loss of her first child. From 2002-2004, she starred in the reality television series The Anna Nicole Show. Smith died in February 2007 from a reported accidental overdose of prescription drugs.

The official logline for the documentary reads: “A revelatory feature-length documentary about Anna Nicole Smith, featuring never-before-seen footage of the iconic Playboy and Guess jeans model, who blazed a trail through the ’90s before her tragic death at the age of 39.”

“I approached Anna Nicole’s story as an epic mystery tale. How did someone with so much charisma and jaw-dropping beauty, with the world at her feet, fall so far, so quickly? Now feels like the right time to re-examine the life of yet another beautiful young woman whose life has been picked over and ultimately destroyed by our culture,” Macfarlane said in a statement. “I am thrilled to work with Netflix and Propagate to make a moving, unflinching and sensitive portrayal of one of the most misunderstood women of our time.”

The documentary will be produced by Alexandra Lacey. Caryn Capotosto and Propagate executives Ben Silverman, Howard T. Owens, and Jonathan Schaerf will executive produce.

What's your rating?
{{ratingsCount}} Votes

Related Forums
A Man in Full Trailer & Poster Preview Jeff Daniels-Led Netflix Series
Forum | 1 day ago

A Man in Full Trailer & Poster Preview Jeff Daniels-Led Netflix Series

I Am: Celine Dion Documentary Sets Prime Video Release Date
Forum | 1 day ago

I Am: Celine Dion Documentary Sets Prime Video Release Date

Dead Boy Detectives Sneak Peek Unveils First 5 Minutes of Netflix Series
Forum | 2 days ago

Dead Boy Detectives Sneak Peek Unveils First 5 Minutes of Netflix Series

Thelma the Unicorn Trailer Previews Animated Netflix Movie From Napoleon Dynamite Creators
Forum | 2 days ago

Thelma the Unicorn Trailer Previews Animated Netflix Movie From Napoleon Dynamite Creators