Rooney Mara to Lead Luca Guadagnino’s Audrey Hepburn Biopic For Apple

Forum 2 years ago

Rooney Mara to Lead Luca Guadagnino’s Audrey Hepburn Biopic For Apple

According to The Hollywood Reporter, Oscar nominee Rooney Mara has signed on for the leading role in Apple Studios’ biographical drama film, centering around the life of legendary Hollywood actress Audrey Hepburn. The project will be directed by acclaimed filmmaker Luca Guadagnino (Call Me By Your Name).

https://i0.wp.com/storage.waploaded.com/images/c1caa24b55c3b36f64c0c9c0b35836c5.jpg

The untitled Audrey Hepburn biopic will be written by Michael Mitnick (The Current War). It will be produced by Mara and Apple Studios. This marks the latest high-profile project being developed under Apple following their acquisitions on the Brad Pitt-led Formula One racing film, and Jon Watts-directed action thriller film starring Pitt and George Clooney.

Hepburn was best known for acclaimed performances in iconic films such as Breakfast at Tiffany’s, My Fair Lady, Funny Face, and Roman Holiday. The latter earned her an Oscar for Best Actress in 1953. She was also known for her influential and timeless style which further cemented her status as a pop culture icon.

Mara recently starred in Guillermo del Toro’s neo-noir film Nightmare Alley starring alongside Bradley Cooper and Cate Blanchett. Her film credits also include The Social Network, The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo, Her, Carol, Don’t Worry He Won’t Get Far on Foot, and Mary Magdalene.

What's your rating?
{{ratingsCount}} Votes

Related Forums
Molly Shannon to Lead HBO Comedy Series From SNL Writer, Plot Details Revealed
Forum | 4 days ago

Molly Shannon to Lead HBO Comedy Series From SNL Writer, Plot Details Revealed

Your Friends & Neighbors: Eunice Bae Joins Cast of Jon Hamm-Led Apple Series
Forum | 6 days ago

Your Friends & Neighbors: Eunice Bae Joins Cast of Jon Hamm-Led Apple Series

For All Mankind Season 5 Renewal, Russia Spin-off Ordered at Apple TV+
Forum | 1 week ago

For All Mankind Season 5 Renewal, Russia Spin-off Ordered at Apple TV+

Martin Scorsese Hoping to Make Frank Sinatra Biopic With Leonardo DiCaprio, Jennifer Lawrence
Forum | 1 week ago

Martin Scorsese Hoping to Make Frank Sinatra Biopic With Leonardo DiCaprio, Jennifer Lawrence