Andrew Garfield Wasn’t ‘Handsome Enough’ to Be in Chronicles of Narnia Films

Forum 2 years ago

Andrew Garfield Wasn’t ‘Handsome Enough’ to Be in Chronicles of Narnia Films

Andrew Garfield has enjoyed a very successful career during his time as an actor, but early on, Garfield was looking to break into one of the most successful children’s franchises ever.

https://i0.wp.com/storage.waploaded.com/images/bf17993d36ab1327e9cf1251d8e9aeb7.jpg

During a recent interview with Entertainment Tonight (via Variety), Garfield spoke about how early in his career, he was “desperate” to try and join Disney’s Chronicles of Narnia franchise. Garfield noted that he auditioned to portray Prince Caspian when he was just starting out in Hollywood, but was eventually beat out by another actor.

“I remember I was so desperate. I auditioned for Prince Caspian in The Chronicles of Narnia and I thought, ‘This could be it, this could be it,’” Garfield said. “And that handsome, brilliant actor Ben Barnes ended up getting the role. I think it was down to me and him, and I remember I was obsessed.”

Garfield went on to reveal that after losing the role, he was anxious to find out what happened, and after hounding his agent for some time, the actor found out the rough truth.

“Why not me? She eventually just broke under my incessant nagging and she was like, ‘It’s because they don’t think you’re handsome enough, Andrew,'” Garfield said, before praising Barnes in the job he did. “Ben Barnes is a very handsome, talented man, so in retrospect, I’m not unhappy with the decision and I think he did a beautiful job.”

Despite not getting the role of Prince Caspian, Andrew Garfield has gone on to have a great career in Hollywood. Recently, he starred in the critically acclaimed tick, tick…BOOM!, for which he just recently won the Golden Globe for Best Actor in a Motion Picture — Musical or Comedy for.

What's your rating?
{{ratingsCount}} Votes

Related Forums
The Garfield Movie Video Shows Chris Pratt Learning How To Become a Cat
Forum | 3 days ago

The Garfield Movie Video Shows Chris Pratt Learning How To Become a Cat

Andrew Garfield, Miles Teller Reportedly Being Eyed for Martin Scorsese’s Jesus Movie
Forum | 1 week ago

Andrew Garfield, Miles Teller Reportedly Being Eyed for Martin Scorsese’s Jesus Movie

Andrew Scott Doesn’t Believe Ripley Is a Villain: ‘He’s an Anti-Hero’
Forum | 3 weeks ago

Andrew Scott Doesn’t Believe Ripley Is a Villain: ‘He’s an Anti-Hero’

Steven Spielberg on Dune 2: ‘One of the Most Brilliant Sci-Fi Films I’ve Ever Seen’
Forum | 4 weeks ago

Steven Spielberg on Dune 2: ‘One of the Most Brilliant Sci-Fi Films I’ve Ever Seen’