Fresh: Searchlight Pictures Acquires Thriller Starring Daisy Edgar-Jones & Sebastian Stan

Forum 2 years ago

Fresh: Searchlight Pictures Acquires Thriller Starring Daisy Edgar-Jones & Sebastian Stan

Searchlight Pictures has acquired worldwide rights to Legendary Entertainment’s film Fresh, directed by Mimi Cave and starring Daisy Edgar-Jones (Normal People) and Sebastian Stan (Captain America franchise, I, Tonya). The movie will have its World Premiere at the virtual Sundance Film Festival next week.

https://i0.wp.com/storage.waploaded.com/images/89693349f8f53c2d8e2a721e94a25e15.jpg

Fresh, which marks Cave’s feature debut, will stream exclusively across Disney’s streaming platforms as an Original film on Hulu in the U.S. on March 4th, 2022, and internationally later in the spring on Star+ in Latin America and Disney+ in all other territories.

“Fresh follows Noa (Daisy Edgar-Jones), who meets the alluring Steve (Sebastian Stan) at a grocery store and – given her frustration with dating apps – takes a chance and gives him her number,” reads the official synopsis. “After their first date, Noa is smitten and accepts Steve’s invitation to a romantic weekend getaway. Only to find that her new paramour has been hiding some unusual appetites.”

“Fresh upends all romance tropes and boldly comments on the precarious nature of the modern dating experience,” said Searchlight Presidents Matthew Greenfield and David Greenbaum. “Mimi Cave has brilliantly brought Lauryn Kahn’s razor sharp script to the screen, and gives audiences something they will savor from beginning to end.”

“Fresh is a wildly allegorical story, yet the film carries strings of truth throughout that I hope resonate for different audiences,” added Cave. “I’m so pleased to be working with the Searchlight team to bring our film to the world and can’t wait for people to see the brilliant performances Daisy and Sebastian give.”

Jojo T. Gibbs (Twenties), Charlotte Le Bon (Anthropoid, The Hundred-Foot Journey), Andrea Bang (Luce), and Dayo Okeniyi (Runner Runner, The Spectacular Now) also star.

Penned by Lauryn Kahn, the thriller was produced by Adam McKay and Kevin Messick under their Hyperobject Industries banner, with Maeve Cullinane as co-producer. The team also includes cinematographer Pawel Pogorzelski (Hereditary, Midsommar), editor Martin Pensa (Wild, Dallas Buyers Club), production designer Jennifer Morden (Riot Girls), and composer Alex Somers (Honey Boy, Captain Fantastic).

What's your rating?
{{ratingsCount}} Votes

Related Forums
Aurora: Kathryn Bigelow Apocalyptic Thriller No Longer in Development at Netflix
Forum | 3 days ago

Aurora: Kathryn Bigelow Apocalyptic Thriller No Longer in Development at Netflix

Timaya Reportedly Acquires Tesla Cybertruck
Forum | 3 days ago

Timaya Reportedly Acquires Tesla Cybertruck

Organised Labour Presents Fresh Proposal To FG, Demands ₦615,000 Minimum Wage
Forum | 4 days ago

Organised Labour Presents Fresh Proposal To FG, Demands ₦615,000 Minimum Wage

Gods Unknown: Keke Palmer in Talks to Lead Action Thriller Movie
Forum | 6 days ago

Gods Unknown: Keke Palmer in Talks to Lead Action Thriller Movie