Jared Leto Details His House of Gucci Prequel Pitch With Al Pacino

Forum 2 years ago

Jared Leto Details His House of Gucci Prequel Pitch With Al Pacino

Jared Leto earned praise for his role as Paolo Gucci in Ridley Scott’s House of Gucci, and if the actor had his way, he would step back into the role once again.

https://i0.wp.com/storage.waploaded.com/images/92e8038b417ab86bfd4e5ce20ca46486.jpg

During a recent appearance on The Jess Cagle Show for SiriusXM, Leto spoke about how he would love to do another film as Paolo Gucci, perhaps with Al Pacino portraying Aldo Gucci, the father of Paolo in the film.

“I’d love to do a prequel to House of Gucci,” Leto said with a laugh. “Just the Two of Us, we could call it. [Pacino] was fantastic and just so generous. He’s what you hope to be when you get to that place and that position in terms of his openess and his kindness and willingness to do another take, dig a little deeper, and to talk about the scene. I just absolutely was in heaven with him and with Ridley.”

Leto had high praise for Pacino’s work and also called back to his initial introduction to Pacino not going exactly as he had planned.

“He thought I was just an Italian weirdo that was trying to talk to him or get his autograph or something,” Leto said. “I come up to him two or three times and someone finally whispered, ‘That’s Paolo, that’s Jared under there.’ And he was like, ‘My son, my son,’ and he fell to the floor. He was just astounded. Having that happen with one of the world’s greatest actors was a beautiful gift as it gave me the faith that if Al can believe in this guy then we all can. It was a boost of confidence early on.”

Led Oscar winner Lady Gaga as Maurizio Gucci’s ex-wife, House of Gucci stars Adam Driver, Al Pacino, Jared Leto, Salma Hayek, Camille Cottin, Jack Huston, Jeremy Irons, Mãdãlina Ghenea, Reeve Carney, and Youssef Kerkour.

Based on Sara Gay Forden’s 2001 novel The House of Gucci: A Sensational Story of Murder, Madness, Glamour, and Greed, the film is directed by Ridley Scott from a screenplay written by Roberto Bentivegna and Becky Johnston. Producers are Ridley and Giannina Scott through their Scott Free Productions banner alongside Kevin Walsh.

What's your rating?
{{ratingsCount}} Votes

Related Forums
Tron: Ares Set Video Showcases Jared Leto in Costume
Forum | 2 days ago

Tron: Ares Set Video Showcases Jared Leto in Costume

No Regret Invading Oyo Govt House - Arrested Yoruba Nation Agitators Say (Photo)
Forum | 2 days ago

No Regret Invading Oyo Govt House - Arrested Yoruba Nation Agitators Say (Photo)

Gunmen Abduct Former Benue CoS’s Wife, House Help
Forum | 3 days ago

Gunmen Abduct Former Benue CoS’s Wife, House Help

Marvel’s Thunderbolts Confirms Mysterious Title Change, Kevin Feige Promises More Details Coming
Forum | 5 days ago

Marvel’s Thunderbolts Confirms Mysterious Title Change, Kevin Feige Promises More Details Coming