Hilary Duff Is ‘Constantly’ Asked About Lizzie McGuire Reboot

Forum 2 years ago

Hilary Duff Is ‘Constantly’ Asked About Lizzie McGuire Reboot

Hilary Duff was set to revive her legendary role as Lizzie McGuire in a reboot series for Disney, but in late 2020, plans for the series were scrapped. In a recent interview with Cosmopolitan, Duff spoke on the reboot, and what its future may hold.

https://i0.wp.com/storage.waploaded.com/images/94b776efd103ee18492306dbcbed3a31.jpg

Duff was asked about the series — which was canceled due to Duff and Disney reportedly having creative disagreements on the character of Lizzie McGuire — and if she believes that it could be revived again.

“I like the way you think. I would be lying if I didn’t say I didn’t have those thoughts a few times,” Duff said when asked if she would ever try and leak the episodes that were filmed. “But I wouldn’t, because in my 34 years I’ve realized that everything does happen for a reason. There’s a time and a place for everything. It just wasn’t her moment. I’m constantly asked about it still. All it does is breathe life into the fact that people still want it, and that’s really sweet. It’s not dead, and it’s not alive.”

Duff was also asked about what the character of McGuire was supposed to be doing in the series, and Duff revealed that the initial plans were to see McGuire moving back home with her parents after finding out her fiance cheated on her.

“My character was moving back home with her parents because she caught her soon-to-be fiancé cheating on her, and she was falling flat on her face at the moment and being like, ‘I need to pivot because everything that I thought was wasn’t, and I’m turning 30. What the f—?'”

While it’s currently unknown if a new Lizzie McGuire series will ever move forward, it does seem like Duff has a lot of love for the character, so fans will just have to keep hoping that eventually both Duff and Disney are able to come together to agree on a course for the show.

What's your rating?
{{ratingsCount}} Votes

Related Forums
Why A Police Officer Asked For My Number Plate’s Receipt - Actor, Jamiu Azeez Reveals
Forum | 1 day ago

Why A Police Officer Asked For My Number Plate’s Receipt - Actor, Jamiu Azeez Reveals

Lady In Shock As Man She Asked On A Date Invites Her To His Wedding
Forum | 4 days ago

Lady In Shock As Man She Asked On A Date Invites Her To His Wedding

Cold Case Reboot in the Works at CBS
Forum | 1 week ago

Cold Case Reboot in the Works at CBS

Melrose Place Reboot in the Works Starring Heather Locklear, Other Original Cast Members
Forum | 1 week ago

Melrose Place Reboot in the Works Starring Heather Locklear, Other Original Cast Members