Jensen Ackles Has ‘Fingers Crossed’ for Secret DC Role

Forum 2 years ago

Jensen Ackles Has ‘Fingers Crossed’ for Secret DC Role

Jensen Ackles has teased that a secret DC property is currently in development that he hopes to be cast in.

https://i0.wp.com/storage.waploaded.com/images/e620ddc8aa6472f1f389c143f0b8703a.jpg

During a recent appearance on Michael Rosenbaum’s Inside of You podcast, Ackles was asked what the one role he would want if he could choose to be a hero in either the Marvel Cinematic Universe or the DC Extended Universe. Ackles took a moment to answer before teasing the secret project.

“Well, there is a DC property that’s currently developing with Warner Bros. and some other good partners that I’ve got my fingers crossed for,” said Ackles. “But again, I’m not going to talk about it. Because you don’t want to jinx it.”

It’s unknown what the current project could be, but Ackles’ mention of good partners could refer to his past relationship with DC properties. Ackles appeared as Jason Teague in the fourth season of The CW series Smallville, and has even voiced various DC superheroes, including Jason Todd — a.k.a. the Red Hood — in the animated film Batman: Under the Red Hood, and Batman himself in both parts of Batman: The Long Halloween.

Ackles will have his next chance to play a superhero in the upcoming third season of Amazon’s original series The Boys, where he’ll appear as Soldier Boy, a mysterious “supe” who will likely end up being just as rough and corrupt as the rest of the heroes that are generally introduced into the series.

What's your rating?
{{ratingsCount}} Votes

Related Forums
Jurassic World: Jonathan Bailey in Talks for Lead Role in 2025 Movie
Forum | 1 week ago

Jurassic World: Jonathan Bailey in Talks for Lead Role in 2025 Movie

Lady Blocks Closest Friend For Secretly Relocating to UK, Keeping Secret for 6 Months
Forum | 1 week ago

Lady Blocks Closest Friend For Secretly Relocating to UK, Keeping Secret for 6 Months

Nnamdi Kanu’s Lawyer, Ejimakor Raises Alarm Over Secret Recording Of Conversations With Detained IPOB Leader By DSS Agents
Forum | 2 weeks ago

Nnamdi Kanu’s Lawyer, Ejimakor Raises Alarm Over Secret Recording Of Conversations With Detained IPOB Leader By DSS Agents

Drama As Adeyanju Confronts Prosecutor in Court Over Secret Meeting With Magistrate
Forum | 3 weeks ago

Drama As Adeyanju Confronts Prosecutor in Court Over Secret Meeting With Magistrate