Sam Raimi Loved Spider-Man: No Way Home, Discusses Doctor Strange 2 Reshoots

Forum 2 years ago

Sam Raimi Loved Spider-Man: No Way Home, Discusses Doctor Strange 2 Reshoots

Director Sam Raimi is hard at work finishing the upcoming Doctor Strange in the Multiverse of Madness, but Raimi is no stranger to the comic book world, having directed the original Spider-Man trilogy for Sony.

https://i0.wp.com/storage.waploaded.com/images/f18c7d7e48cb3455cf1ebcde2b7f1cf4.jpg

In a recent interview with Variety, Raimi spoke about the recently released Spider-Man: No Way Home, and said that it was “so much fun” getting to see some of his characters make their way back to the screen.

“It was so much fun,” Raimi said. “I love No Way Home and the audience I was with went crazy. It was delightful to watch Alfred play his role, and Willem Dafoe, just seeing these guys take it to the next level. And Tobey was awesome as always. The best word I can say is it was refreshing for me.”

With the highly anticipated Doctor Strange sequel on the horizon, Raimi was also asked about the film’s status, and if it was finished amidst reports of significant reshoots that the film was facing.

“I wish I knew the answer to that question,” Raimi said when asked if the film was finished or not. “I think we’re done, but we just cut everything. We’re just starting to test the picture and we’ll find out if there’s anything that’s got to be picked up. If something’s unclear or another improvement I can make in this short amount of time left, I’ll do it. One thing I know about the Marvel team is they won’t stop. They’ll keep pushing it until it’s as close to being great as it could.”

Doctor Strange in the Multiverse of Madness sees the return of Benedict Cumberbatch as he reprises his role as Dr. Stephen Strange. This time the Sorcerer Supreme will be joined by Wanda Maximoff/Scarlett Witch, portrayed by Elizabeth Olsen who is coming off from the critical success of WandaVision. The sequel is expected to tie into the events from WandaVision, Loki and Spider-Man: No Way Home.

The sequel will also feature MCU alums Chiwetel Ejiofor, Benedict Wong, and Rachel McAdams, who are reprising their roles as Karl Mordo, Wong, and Dr. Christine Palmer, respectively. It will also feature the introduction of the live-action debut of fan-favorite Marvel hero America Chavez., who will be portrayed by newcomer Xochitl Gomez (The Baby-Sitters Club).

Described as the first MCU horror film, it is directed by Sam Raimi (Spider-Man trilogy) from a script written by Emmy-winning scribe Michael Waldron (Loki). It is executive produced by Marvel Studios president Kevin Feige.

What's your rating?
{{ratingsCount}} Votes

Related Forums
EPL: Arteta reveals advantage Arsenal have over Liverpool, Man City in title race
Forum | 1 day ago

EPL: Arteta reveals advantage Arsenal have over Liverpool, Man City in title race

Monkey Man Digital Release Date Set for Dev Patel Action Movie
Forum | 3 days ago

Monkey Man Digital Release Date Set for Dev Patel Action Movie

Tom Holland Confirms Spider-Man 4 but Admits It’s Tough To Follow No Way Home
Forum | 3 days ago

Tom Holland Confirms Spider-Man 4 but Admits It’s Tough To Follow No Way Home

Photo Of British-Nigerian Man Who Was Jailed For 28 Years After Shooting Man Over £3.50 Drug Debt In UK
Forum | 3 days ago

Photo Of British-Nigerian Man Who Was Jailed For 28 Years After Shooting Man Over £3.50 Drug Debt In UK