Tom Holland Recalls First Spider-Man Rehearsal with Tobey & Andrew

Forum 2 years ago

Tom Holland Recalls First Spider-Man Rehearsal with Tobey & Andrew

During his first joint interview with Tobey Maguire and Andrew Garfield, Spider-Man: No Way Home star Tom Holland recalled how anxious he was leading up to the days before Maguire and Garfield’s scheduled arrival on set, describing it as a “daunting,” moment for him.

https://i0.wp.com/storage.waploaded.com/images/2149852fae69682a79b9960f17183ca7.jpg

Speaking with Deadline, the 25-year-old actor revealed that before his first Spider-Man rehearsal with his predecessors, he asked co-stars Jacob Batalon and Zendaya to come to the rehearsals and be his support system.

“It was very daunting, because we were a long way into shooting before you guys [Garfield and Maguire] showed up, you know we were maybe three months into principal photography, and the date of the other Spider-Mans are coming was etched on my calendar,” Holland shared. “At our first rehearsal, I had asked Jacob and Zendaya to come with me to just be there as like my support system. Like, I’m gonna go meet these guys I’m really nervous about it, because we have to read the scene and I don’t know how this is gonna go because we’re all playing the same character and we all have to bring our own kind of heart and soul into this.”

When the moment finally came and the Spider-Man trio were all in their respective versions of the suit, Holland described it as one of the most “bizarre,” and “amazing” experiences of his life.

“It was really strange and almost a little unfair how they had us put the suits on and then just jump around in front of a camera together like that was one of the most bizarre experiences of my life,” He said. “Again, Jacob and Zendaya were there for that to support me, but it was an amazing experience and from day one it was a roller coaster that I didn’t want to get off of.”

Holland was also asked about his Spider-Man future after No Way Home, revealing that he honestly doesn’t know the answer. Even though he’s not ready to say goodbye to the character, he’ll proudly accept whatever outcome the future may bring whether it’s time for him to leave or not.

“The truthful answer — and I’ve done a whole press tour where all I do is lie — the truth is, and you’re not going to like the truth, I don’t know the answer to that question,” He admitted. “This film for me was as special as an experience could ever be. Sharing the screen with these guys. Playing Spider-Man could be quite an alienating experience because, you know, we’re the only three blokes who have done it. So to share that with you two, it’s been such a wonderful experience, of which I have such amazing memories. I don’t know. I know I love this character, and I know that I am not ready to say goodbye,” Holland said. “But if it’s time for me to say goodbye, then I will do so proudly, knowing that I’ve achieved everything I wanted to with this character, and sharing it with these boys will be forever one of the most special experiences of my career. So, if it’s time, it’s time. If it’s not, it’s not. But at the moment, I don’t know.”

The film currently holds a worldwide gross of over $1.6 billion and has become Sony’s highest-grossing film of all time. According to Marvel Studios president Kevin Feige, Marvel Studios and Sony Pictures are already actively beginning to develop their next Spider-Man film together.

What's your rating?
{{ratingsCount}} Votes

Related Forums
The Big Cigar Trailer: André Holland Leads Apple TV+ Miniseries
Forum | 1 day ago

The Big Cigar Trailer: André Holland Leads Apple TV+ Miniseries

30-year-old Man Defiles Landlady
Forum | 1 day ago

30-year-old Man Defiles Landlady's 13-year-old Daughter In Rivers

Your Marriage Is Still One of the Best We’ve Seen So Far - Nigerian Man Praises Adekunle Gold and Simi
Forum | 1 day ago

Your Marriage Is Still One of the Best We’ve Seen So Far - Nigerian Man Praises Adekunle Gold and Simi

EPL: Arteta reveals advantage Arsenal have over Liverpool, Man City in title race
Forum | 2 days ago

EPL: Arteta reveals advantage Arsenal have over Liverpool, Man City in title race