The Adam Project Photos & Character Details Unveiled for All-Star Netflix Film

Forum 2 years ago

The Adam Project Photos & Character Details Unveiled for All-Star Netflix Film

Netflix has dropped a new batch of The Adam Project photos for the upcoming sci-fi action-adventure film, featuring a closer look at the star-studded cast led by Ryan Reynolds as a time-traveling pilot who meets his younger self and his late father. The film is scheduled to make its debut on Friday, March 11.

https://i0.wp.com/storage.waploaded.com/images/51964943c12a7e1cb7fba36ab8f18b45.jpg

In a recent interview with Vanity Fair, director Shawn Levy and Reynolds have finally revealed some new character and plot details about the project with the Deadpool star previously describing it as “incredibly special” and “deeply personal” film. Levy went on to explain how different this new lead character will be from Reynolds’ Free Guy character.

“This character is night-and-day different from the character Ryan played for me in our last movie,” Levy said. “Blue Shirt Guy is a deeply innocent, naive boy in a man’s body. Whereas Adam Reed in The Adam Project is bruised by life and consequently deeply cynical.”

“In The Adam Project film, Reynolds plays Adam Reed, a wounded time traveler from 2050 who has ventured into the past on a rogue rescue mission to search for Laura, the woman he loves, who got lost in the time-space continuum under mysterious circumstances,” reads the synopsis. “When Adam’s ship gets damaged, he’s sent spiraling back to 2022, and the only place he knows from this era of his life: home. That’s where a 12-year-old version of himself becomes Adam’s suspicious and reluctant ally as the older incarnation tries to heal, rebuild his ship, and continue his journey.

About a year before the time traveler’s arrival, Adam’s dad died, who was a scientist whose work posthumously helps open the door to leapfrogging through time. It’s still raw for the kid, who misses him deeply, but the older Adam has grown to resent his absent father over the decades.”

Reynolds also opened up about his character’s complicated resentment towards Mark Ruffalo’s character, revealing that this aspect of the story was what drew to the project because it somehow reflects his own strained relationship with his father, who had passed away in 2020.

“I have this thought about life, which is that we tell ourselves stories,” Reynolds shared. “So you have this central character who has told himself a story about his own father that isn’t necessarily true. I know that I’ve done that in my life. I’ve told myself stories to justify things about my father and my complicated relationship I had with him before he passed. Reconciling that is really difficult.”

Levy added, “There’s the notion of confronting your younger self, who might just see things more authentically than you have come to narrate for yourself. The kid has real power because the kid’s the only one who can call B.S. on this grown man who has wrapped himself up in his ideas about his own history. The kid’s the one who’s living that history in real time and can say, ‘No, no, you got it wrong. I know because I’m in it.’”

Joining Reynolds are Marvel Cinematic Universe stars Mark Ruffalo (Spotlight, Avengers: Endgame) and Zoe Saldana (Guardians of the Galaxy) along with Jennifer Garner (13 Going 30, Alias), Catherine Keener (Being John Malkovich), and newcomer Walker Scobell.

The Adam Project is directed by Levy (Stranger Things) from a screenplay written by Jonathan Tropper and David Ellison. Reynolds and Levy are producing the action-adventure film through their respective production banners Maximum Effort and 21 Laps Entertainment. David Ellison, Dana Goldberg, and Don Granger are producing for Skydance.

What's your rating?
{{ratingsCount}} Votes

Related Forums
The Girlfriend: Robin Wright to Star and Direct Prime Video Series
Forum | 1 day ago

The Girlfriend: Robin Wright to Star and Direct Prime Video Series

Power Ballad: Paul Rudd, Nick Jonas to Star in Musical Comedy
Forum | 1 day ago

Power Ballad: Paul Rudd, Nick Jonas to Star in Musical Comedy

Eric Trailer: Benedict Cumberbatch Leads Netflix Crime Drama
Forum | 1 day ago

Eric Trailer: Benedict Cumberbatch Leads Netflix Crime Drama