Matt Reeves Thinks a ‘Grounded’ Version of Mr. Freeze Could Work in The Batman

Forum 2 years ago

Matt Reeves Thinks a ‘Grounded’ Version of Mr. Freeze Could Work in The Batman

Matt Reeves’ The Batman is set to feature a more grounded take on the legendary comic book hero and his villains, but in a recent interview, Reeves said that even the most fantastical of Batman villains could work in a film like The Batman.

https://i0.wp.com/storage.waploaded.com/images/7e77c7d34dae35f80bff345b53eeb50b.jpg

Speaking to Collider, Reeves said that he’s more drawn to “finding the grounded version of everything,” and that would remain true even if having to incorporate a more fantastical character like Mr. Freeze into a movie.

“In my view, I just feel drawn to finding the grounded version of everything,” said Reeves. “So to me it would be a challenge in an interesting way to try and figure out how that could happen, even the idea of something like Mr. Freeze, that such a great story, right? I think there’s actually a grounded version of that story, which could be really powerful and could be really great.

“So, I love the fantastical side of Batman, but this iteration, obviously, while being, to me, I think it is very comics faithful, but I don’t think that this one is necessary, it doesn’t lean as hard into the fantastical, I guess. But I think to me what would be interesting would be to try and unwind the fantastical and see, well, how could that make sense here? And so that’s kind of my view, how I see it.”

While star Robert Pattinson has previously said that he was unsure whether or not The Batman could become a series, it seems as if Reeves doesn’t mind the idea of tackling more and more outlandish villains from the history of Batman.

What's your rating?
{{ratingsCount}} Votes

Related Forums
Kingdom of the Planet of the Apes Home Release Will Feature Mo-Cap Version of Movie
Forum | 1 day ago

Kingdom of the Planet of the Apes Home Release Will Feature Mo-Cap Version of Movie

The Instigators Images Preview Doug Liman Heist Thriller Starring Matt Damon and Casey Affleck
Forum | 3 days ago

The Instigators Images Preview Doug Liman Heist Thriller Starring Matt Damon and Casey Affleck

Banner Calling Out "Home Wrecker" With Her Face And Work Place On Display Is Spotted On The Roadside
Forum | 1 week ago

Banner Calling Out "Home Wrecker" With Her Face And Work Place On Display Is Spotted On The Roadside

Leonardo DiCaprio Almost Played Lex Luthor in Batman v Superman
Forum | 2 weeks ago

Leonardo DiCaprio Almost Played Lex Luthor in Batman v Superman