Cesaro No Longer With WWE After Turning Down Offer

Forum 2 years ago

Cesaro No Longer With WWE After Turning Down Offer

Another WWE superstar is reportedly moving on from the company, as PW Insider reports that Cesaro‘s contract has expired and he is no longer with WWE.

https://i0.wp.com/storage.waploaded.com/images/463bdc0ea0fd72985e302e2eae6740f6.jpg

According to the report, Cesaro and WWE had been in negotiations with one another on another contract, but they could not agree on a deal. The report notes that WWE did offer an extension on Cesaro’s current deal, but the former WWE superstar turned down the offer. Because Cesaro’s contract ran out and he wasn’t released, he is not beholden to any 90-day non-compete clauses, so he could conceivably sign and appear at any other promotions immediately.

Cesaro enjoyed a huge year for his wrestling career in 2021, where he beat Seth Rollins at WrestleMania 37 before headlining WrestleMania Backlash against Roman Reigns. However, Cesaro’s success was short-lived, as the 41-year-old superstar has mostly been a non-factor during his time on WWE’s SmackDown for most of the second half of 2021 and 2022.

His last match in WWE came during the February 11, 2022 episode of WWE SmackDown, a match in which he lost to Happy Corbin.

What's your rating?
{{ratingsCount}} Votes

Related Forums
The Life of Chuck: Mike Flanagan, David Dastmalchian Offer Updates on Stephen King Horror Movie
Forum | 1 week ago

The Life of Chuck: Mike Flanagan, David Dastmalchian Offer Updates on Stephen King Horror Movie

Criticisms No Longer Shake Me - Skitmaker, Taaooma Speaks Up
Forum | 1 week ago

Criticisms No Longer Shake Me - Skitmaker, Taaooma Speaks Up

Quentin Tarantino No Longer Directing The Movie Critic as Final Movie
Forum | 1 week ago

Quentin Tarantino No Longer Directing The Movie Critic as Final Movie

Davido Reveals He No Longer Communicates With Wizkid and Burna Boy
Forum | 2 weeks ago

Davido Reveals He No Longer Communicates With Wizkid and Burna Boy