Nanny: Blumhouse & Amazon Nab Global Rights to Sundance Horror Film

Forum 2 years ago

Nanny: Blumhouse & Amazon Nab Global Rights to Sundance Horror Film

According to Deadline, Blumhouse and Prime Video have successfully won the global rights to Nikyatu Jusu’s acclaimed horror-drama film titled Nanny, which won the Grand Jury Prize award when it had its world premiere at the 2022 Sundance Film Festival. The deal reportedly cost Blumhouse and Prime Video around $7 million which includes a theatrical release commitment.

https://i0.wp.com/storage.waploaded.com/images/e4801a8b0482a90f1ccf891d65063651.jpg

“We’re proud to have writer/director Nikyatu Jusu’s Nanny as part of our slate for Amazon,” Jason Blum said in a statement. “It’s a gem of a horror film that combines impressive filmmaking and powerful storytelling, and is worthy of the Grand Jury Prize it was awarded at Sundance”.

“Knowing my first feature, Nanny, is now among a roster of provocative and iconic work at Amazon is rewarding,” said Jusu. “Coupled with Blumhouse’s recognizability in the world of genre, horror specifically, I’m excited to be in the warm embrace of a team at the intersection of bold content and indie filmmaking sensibilities. My hope is that this acquisition stands as a testament to their continued bravery in ushering in unique voices.”

Nanny is written and directed by rising filmmaker Nikyatu Jusu. It stars Anna Diop (Titans), Michelle Monaghan (Kiss Kiss Bang Bang), Sinqua Walls (Friday Night Lights), Morgan Spector (The Plot Against America), Rose Decker, and Leslie Uggams (Roots).

“In the film, Aisha is an undocumented nanny working for a privileged couple in New York City,” reads the synopsis. “As she prepares for the arrival of the son she left behind in Senegal, a violent supernatural presence invades her reality, threatening the American dream she is painstakingly piecing together.

Nanny is produced by Jusu, Nikki Moulterie, Ryan Heller, Sumalee Montano, Grace Lay, and Rebecca Cammarata. It hails from Stay Gold Features, Topic Studios, and LinLay Productions.

What's your rating?
{{ratingsCount}} Votes

Related Forums
The Thursday Murder Club: Netflix Acquires Rights to Mystery Movie Adaptation
Forum | 1 day ago

The Thursday Murder Club: Netflix Acquires Rights to Mystery Movie Adaptation

The Exorcism Trailer Teases Terrifying Russell Crowe Horror Movie
Forum | 2 days ago

The Exorcism Trailer Teases Terrifying Russell Crowe Horror Movie

The Little Mermaid Trailer Surfaces for Horror Take on Classic Tale
Forum | 2 days ago

The Little Mermaid Trailer Surfaces for Horror Take on Classic Tale