Sam Raimi Reveals Kraven the Hunter Was Part of His Spider-Man 4 Plans

Forum 1 year ago

Sam Raimi Reveals Kraven the Hunter Was Part of His Spider-Man 4 Plans

Following Tobey Maguire’s return in Spider-Man: No Way Home, Marvel fans have been actively campaigning that Sony Pictures give Sam Raimi the chance to revive his intended Spider-Man 4, which was canceled back in 2010.

https://i0.wp.com/storage.waploaded.com/images/3a1df8f69af53481422368a2bad5fbb2.jpg

During the press tour for the upcoming Doctor Strange in the Multiverse of Madness, Raimi has finally been opening up about his scrapped ideas for the Tobey Maguire-led fourth installment.

In a recent interview with Rolling Stone, the acclaimed filmmaker has confirmed that the introduction of Kraven the Hunter was one of his big Spider-Man 4 plans, due to his desire of seeing the fan-favorite villain fighting the titular hero on the big screen. Apart from Kraven, Raimi also revealed that the old rumor about Bruce Campbell becoming Mysterio was definitely one of the possibilities they were planning to explore.

“That was one of the possibilities,” Raimi said. “We had other things in mind, too, but that was one of them. And I missed Kraven the Hunter. We were going to work that character into the next Spider-Man; I always wanted to see Kraven fight Spider-Man on the big screen. I thought that would be really unique. He’s the ultimate hunter, and Spider-Man is like the most agile trickster of the skies. And I wanted to see Peter continue forward as a human being.”

Nearly 15 years since Spider-Man 3, Tobey Maguire and Sam Raimi are now back into the Marvel universe, with Maguire making his long-awaited appearance in the blockbuster hit Spider-Man: No Way Home, which earned a worldwide gross of over $1.8 billion. Meanwhile, Raimi is stepping back behind the camera to direct Benedict Cumberbatch and Elizabeth Olsen in the highly-anticipated superhero sequel Doctor Strange in the Multiverse of Madness.

What's your rating?
{{ratingsCount}} Votes

Related Forums
A Man in Full Trailer & Poster Preview Jeff Daniels-Led Netflix Series
Forum | 2 days ago

A Man in Full Trailer & Poster Preview Jeff Daniels-Led Netflix Series

Davido Reveals Only American Artist He Can ‘Disturb’ Himself To Collaborate With
Forum | 2 days ago

Davido Reveals Only American Artist He Can ‘Disturb’ Himself To Collaborate With

Outer Range Season 2 Trailer Reveals Return of Josh Brolin Sci-Fi Series
Forum | 3 days ago

Outer Range Season 2 Trailer Reveals Return of Josh Brolin Sci-Fi Series

I Met Paul As A Single Man - Ivy Ifeoma Addresses Accusations Of Being A Husband Snatcher
Forum | 3 days ago

I Met Paul As A Single Man - Ivy Ifeoma Addresses Accusations Of Being A Husband Snatcher