Ian McDiarmid Teases Palpatine’s Return in Upcoming Star Wars Series

Forum 1 year ago

Ian McDiarmid Teases Palpatine’s Return in Upcoming Star Wars Series

In a recent appearance at the Imperial Commissary Collectors Convention, Star Wars vet Ian McDiarmid has opened up about his future with the popular sci-fi franchise, following his 2019 return in The Rise of Skywalker. He teases that fans should expect to see Emperor Palpatine again in an upcoming Disney+ series.

https://i0.wp.com/storage.waploaded.com/images/56fd762bfc9eb6a07806669fbd9eb509.jpgdry 3

“There’s a certain show coming soon set right around the time I may have considered to be very active,” McDiarmid revealed (via Star Wars News). “Whether or not you will see my physical body, I cannot comment on. But you will certainly feel my presence.”

Currently, there are only two upcoming Star Wars prequel series that McDiarmid’s Emperor Palpatine might potentially appear in this year. This includes the Obi-Wan Kenobi series, which will debut this May 27; and the Andor series which will premiere sometime in this year.

Obi-Wan Kenobi will see the return of Ewan McGregor to the Star Wars universe as he reprises his iconic role as the titular Jedi master, which he famously portrayed in George Lucas’ prequel trilogy. It also features the return of fellow Star Wars alums Hayden Christensen as Anakin Skywalker/Darth Vader and Joel Edgerton as Owen Lars.

Disney+’s Andor features Diego Luna as he reprises his role of Cassian Andor. Set five years before the events of Rogue One, the series will follow the adventures of the titular hero rebel spy during the formative years of the Rebellion. It will explore tales of espionage and daring missions to restore hope to a galaxy in the grip of a ruthless Empire.

What's your rating?
{{ratingsCount}} Votes

Related Forums
Charlie Day and Allison Williams to Star in Murder Mystery Movie Kill Me
Forum | 14 mins ago

Charlie Day and Allison Williams to Star in Murder Mystery Movie Kill Me

Clipped Trailer: FX NBA Series Based on Donald Sterling Scandal
Forum | 13 hours ago

Clipped Trailer: FX NBA Series Based on Donald Sterling Scandal

Chris Pratt to Star in Way of The Warrior Kid Movie Adaptation Directed by McG
Forum | 13 hours ago

Chris Pratt to Star in Way of The Warrior Kid Movie Adaptation Directed by McG