Elizabeth Olsen Had a Hard Time Preparing for Doctor Strange Sequel

Forum 1 year ago

Elizabeth Olsen Had a Hard Time Preparing for Doctor Strange Sequel

The recently released Doctor Strange in the Multiverse of Madness relies heavily on the events of the Disney+ series WandaVision, especially in regards to Elizabeth Olsen’s Wanda Maximoff.

https://i0.wp.com/storage.waploaded.com/images/d07623baf103b9dfe72a0aa64a0eb720.jpg

Speaking to Variety, Olsen revealed just how she felt when she first saw how the film would be handling the Scarlet Witch.

For those unaware, Doctor Strange in the Multiverse of Madness picks up relatively soon after the end of WandaVision, and instead of featuring Olsen as a co-hero of Doctor Strange’s, she acts as the film’s villain throughout. The film relies heavily on Wanda’s search for the children she brought into existence in WandaVision, and shows that she’s willing to do almost anything to find them in other universes.

Along the way, Olsen’s Scarlet Witch doles out an incredible amount of damage, including killing a ton of people in the film. According to Olsen, the initial plan was for Wanda to do much more in the film, and although she had a “hard time” with it, she eventually had to put herself in the mind of Wanda to figure out why her character was acting this way.

“I was also supposed to kill more,” revealed Olsen. “I had a hard time with it. I was like, these are human beings and Wanda is okay with ending their lives? But I just had to buckle down and think all these people are in her way and she’s warned Doctor Strange not to get in her way. And he did. He didn’t listen. And so I just had to go from that point of view.”

Despite the brutal nature of Wanda throughout most of the film, Doctor Strange‘s sequel does close with her being redeemed in a sense. While it remains to be seen if Wanda will appear in future Marvel Studio films, the door was left open for her to return, and it’s something Olsen assumes will happen.

“It’s weird that I’m expecting to return but no one’s told me I’m doing anything!” Olsen said. “But in my mind, I’m just making the assumption that they’ll have me again. I don’t know to what capacity, but I hope I’m back. I hope there’s also more fun to be had in something different. Where do we go? I feel like we’ve done so much with her. It’s been really a wild couple years with her.”

What's your rating?
{{ratingsCount}} Votes

Related Forums
Three Sentenced To Death By Hanging For Armed Robbery, Kidnapping And Murder Of Medical Doctor In Edo
Forum | 16 hours ago

Three Sentenced To Death By Hanging For Armed Robbery, Kidnapping And Murder Of Medical Doctor In Edo

Junior Pope: It’s Time To Prioritise Actors’ Welfare - Actress, Hilda Dokubo Says
Forum | 2 days ago

Junior Pope: It’s Time To Prioritise Actors’ Welfare - Actress, Hilda Dokubo Says

Star Trek: Strange New Worlds Season 4 Ordered, Lower Decks Ending with Season 5
Forum | 6 days ago

Star Trek: Strange New Worlds Season 4 Ordered, Lower Decks Ending with Season 5

17 Years After His Mysterious Death, Late Sani Abacha
Forum | 1 week ago

17 Years After His Mysterious Death, Late Sani Abacha's Personal Doctor Breaks Silence On Abacha's Death