Samuel L. Jackson Teases Nick Fury’s Role in Secret Invasion

Forum 1 year ago

Samuel L. Jackson Teases Nick Fury’s Role in Secret Invasion

Samuel L. Jackson has been portraying Nick Fury in various Marvel Cinematic Universe projects for nearly two decades now, but even Jackson is constantly surprised by the constant twists and turns of the MCU.

https://i0.wp.com/storage.waploaded.com/images/503a999d3ca824b3448c3f4cf5c8a220.jpg

Speaking to Entertainment Weekly, Jackson was asked about his various upcoming MCU works, including the Disney+ series Secret Invasion which is set to star Jackson. While details for the television series are being kept closely guarded, Jackson did note that adapting Secret Invasion gave him insight into the character of Nick Fury that he had never had before.

“There are things that even I really didn’t know about Nick Fury that I just found out,” Jackson said. “The minds behind what happened during the Blip are fantastic. That’s part of what we’re uncovering when we do this series now.”

Jackson went on to say that the series as a whole is also giving him a chance to explore a different side of Fury, something aside from the typical stoic and hawkeyed agent that we’ve seen in the past.

“[It’s] giving me an opportunity to explore something other than the badassery of who Nick Fury is,” said Jackson. “I’ve had a good time doing that, and I’m looking forward to people sharing that aspect of who he is when this series does happen.”

Disney+’s Secret Invasion is set as a crossover comic event series showcasing a faction of shapeshifting Skrulls who have been infiltrating Earth for years. It will be led by MCU mainstay Samuel L. Jackson as he reprises his role as Nick Fury for the twelfth time in live-action since first portraying the character in 2008’s Iron Man. He will be teaming up with Captain Marvel‘s Ben Mendelsohn, who is returning as Talos, the pseudo-leader of the Skrulls.

Based on Brian Michael Bendis, Leinil Francis Yu, Mark Morales, and Laura Martin’s comic book series, Secret Invasion is executive produced by Kyle Bradstreet (Mr. Robot), with Let Him Go director Thomas Bezucha and Ali Selim (The Looming Tower) set as directors.

What's your rating?
{{ratingsCount}} Votes

Related Forums
Jurassic World: Jonathan Bailey in Talks for Lead Role in 2025 Movie
Forum | 3 days ago

Jurassic World: Jonathan Bailey in Talks for Lead Role in 2025 Movie

Sunday Igboho, Akintoye React To Agitators’ Invasion In Oyo Govt Secretariat
Forum | 5 days ago

Forum | 6 days ago

Lady Blocks Closest Friend For Secretly Relocating to UK, Keeping Secret for 6 Months
Forum | 6 days ago

Lady Blocks Closest Friend For Secretly Relocating to UK, Keeping Secret for 6 Months