​De Bruyne hails Guardiola for Man City super-subs after panic against Aston Villa

Forum 1 year ago

​De Bruyne hails Guardiola for Man City super-subs after panic against Aston Villa

Manchester City star Kevin De Bruyne admits that the players were panicking as they felt the Premier League title slipping on the final day.

https://i0.wp.com/storage.waploaded.com/images/ddbd7329df931fd1b27a1b9d4416fb6d.jpeg

City were 2-0 down to Aston Villa at home in the 70th minute, thanks to goals from Matty Cash and Philippe Coutinho.

However, a rousing comeback saw them score thrice in five minutes to win the game 3-2 and secure the title by one point over Liverpool.

De Bruyne said on panicking, per Evening Standard: "Maybe a couple of times. It's so different you can't explain it.

"You try to stay as calm as possible but I think for about 10 seconds you doubt yourself, then you just go for it."

"2-1 changed the whole situation for me," De Bruyne added.

"The stadium changes, the atmosphere, the players, then we just didn't look back. Ilkay [Gundogan] and [Oli] Zinchenko changed the game."

What's your rating?
{{ratingsCount}} Votes

Related Forums
EPL: It’s unacceptable – Ten Hag reacts to Man Utd’s 4-2 win over Sheffield Utd
Forum | 15 hours ago

EPL: It’s unacceptable – Ten Hag reacts to Man Utd’s 4-2 win over Sheffield Utd

EPL: Arsenal, Man City must have bad moments – Klopp on Liverpool’s title chances
Forum | 15 hours ago

EPL: Arsenal, Man City must have bad moments – Klopp on Liverpool’s title chances

EPL: John Terry predicts positions Man City, Arsenal, Liverpool will finish
Forum | 15 hours ago

EPL: John Terry predicts positions Man City, Arsenal, Liverpool will finish

Transfer: Iheanacho tipped to leave Leicester City this summer
Forum | 15 hours ago

Transfer: Iheanacho tipped to leave Leicester City this summer