Anderlecht coach Vincent Kompany in talks with Burnley

Forum 1 year ago

Anderlecht coach Vincent Kompany in talks with Burnley

Anderlecht coach Vincent Kompany is in talks with Burnley.

https://i0.wp.com/storage.waploaded.com/images/45826911aa08c5588487a1470d2b7622.jpeg

The former Manchester City centre-back is said to be the the front runner to take over at Turf Moor after being named on a three-man shortlist of potential managers, says the Daily Mail.

Burnley - who were relegated from the Premier League on Sunday after six seasons in the English top-flight - will select their new boss by the end of next week.

Kompany is still eager to take control of the Clarets despite their relegation to the Championship following Sunday's 2-1 loss to Newcastle.

Burnley believe Kompany - who won four Premier League titles with Manchester City - could help the club bounce back next season.

The 36-year-old has been managing his boyhood club Anderlecht since leaving Manchester City in 2019, guiding them to third in the Belgian top flight this term.

What's your rating?
{{ratingsCount}} Votes

Related Forums
Jurassic World: Jonathan Bailey in Talks for Lead Role in 2025 Movie
Forum | 1 week ago

Jurassic World: Jonathan Bailey in Talks for Lead Role in 2025 Movie

Omeruo urges NFF to appoint new coach for Super Eagles before World Cup qualifiers
Forum | 1 week ago

Omeruo urges NFF to appoint new coach for Super Eagles before World Cup qualifiers

EPL: I want to coach top team – Fabregas hints at return to England
Forum | 1 week ago

EPL: I want to coach top team – Fabregas hints at return to England

Gods Unknown: Keke Palmer in Talks to Lead Action Thriller Movie
Forum | 1 week ago

Gods Unknown: Keke Palmer in Talks to Lead Action Thriller Movie