Alycia Debnam-Carey Exits Fear the Walking Dead, Issues Statement

Forum 1 year ago

Alycia Debnam-Carey Exits Fear the Walking Dead, Issues Statement

Alycia Debnam-Carey has officially decided to exit her series regular role in AMC’s horror drama Fear the Walking Dead.

https://i0.wp.com/storage.waploaded.com/images/ae2914f444ff222c325cb69c1b223517.jpg

She confirmed the news through her social media accounts where she posted an official statement, thanking fans for their support and expressing gratitude for the experiences she acquired from working on the series including directing an episode.

“I was 21 when we began this crazy journey but now at 28, after 7 years and 100 episodes, I decided it was time for me to move on as an actor and as a person,” Debnam-Carey said in her statement. “As is the nature of our jobs I needed to seek out new challenges, new opportunities and carve out a new chapter for myself. I have been so lucky to be a part of something so awesome for so long but I hope you can understand and respect my choice to further expand and grow. I wouldn’t be here without you all and I am so grateful.”

Check out Debnam-Carrey’s full statement below:

https://i0.wp.com/storage.waploaded.com/images/105658e6597ddcb11fa62221c615e893.jpg

The Australian actress has been with the series since the first season, portraying the fan-favorite role of Alicia Clark. During her 7-season tenure, her character has undergone a lot of major developments from being an innocent teenage girl to becoming a badass leader. Her exit also comes with the long-awaited return of Kim Dickens, who is reprising her role as Madison Clark in the upcoming eighth season.

The series currently stars Lennie James, Colman Domingo, Danay García, Maggie Grace, Garret Dillahunt, Ruben Blades, Jenna Elfman, Alexa Nisenson, and Austin Amelio.

Fear the Walking Dead is executive produced by Scott M. Gimple, showrunners Andrew Chambliss and Ian Goldberg, as well as Robert Kirkman, David Alpert, Gale Ann Hurd, and Greg Nicotero, and produced by AMC Studios.

What's your rating?
{{ratingsCount}} Votes

Related Forums
Deadpool & Wolverine Director Says No MCU Knowledge Is Needed for Sequel
Forum | 1 day ago

Deadpool & Wolverine Director Says No MCU Knowledge Is Needed for Sequel

Young Man Shoots His Friend Dead For Taking A Bite Out Of His Girlfriend
Forum | 1 day ago

Young Man Shoots His Friend Dead For Taking A Bite Out Of His Girlfriend's Burger

Taraba Tragedy: 12 Years Old Boy Shoots Younger Brother Dead In Jalingo
Forum | 2 days ago

Taraba Tragedy: 12 Years Old Boy Shoots Younger Brother Dead In Jalingo

Dead Boy Detectives’ Move From Max to Netflix Explained by Showrunner
Forum | 2 days ago

Dead Boy Detectives’ Move From Max to Netflix Explained by Showrunner