Ewan McGregor & Hayden Christensen Reflect on Favorite Star Wars Moments

Forum 1 year ago

Ewan McGregor & Hayden Christensen Reflect on Favorite Star Wars Moments

The ongoing Disney+ Star Wars series Obi-Wan Kenobi sees actors Ewan McGregor and Hayden Christensen reuniting in their roles as Obi-Wan and Anakin Skywalker/Darth Vader. In a recent sitdown, the two shared some of their favorite moments from their time together.

https://i0.wp.com/storage.waploaded.com/images/69377b931edadfafeef34f6ab6662f59.jpg

“I remember my first shot in the film,” Christensen said of the opening of the second film in the Star Wars prequel trilogy. “My first time working with you [Ewan]. Picking up the lightsaber for the first time. So many great memories, it’s hard to pick a favorite.”

“I have such fond memories,” McGregor chimed in, before noting that prior to the prequel films even being shot, a ton of training and choreography was done beforehand. “It felt so good to come back to it. Before we started shooting, we did so much fight training and rehearsals.”

Christensen then recalled the pairs now-iconic fight scene in Star Wars Episode III: Revenge of the Sith, noting that their fight was the most fun he had during his tenure with the franchise.

“Of course when we got to Episode III and we had our big fight against each other, that was the most fun for me,” said Christensen. “I think we both took it really seriously, too. We were having so much fun, but it was really intense and rewarding.”

Of course, the pair are now back working together in Obi-Wan Kenobi, albeit no longer as Jedi partners. Despite that, McGregor still found it incredibly exciting to walk back onto set with Hayden.

“That day when we both walked on set was quite something else,” McGregor said. Christensen, too, couldn’t wait to return, saying: “When I got the call that I was going to get to come back with you and reunite as these characters, It was mind-blowing.”

What's your rating?
{{ratingsCount}} Votes

Related Forums
Video Shows Scene Where Junior Pope Parked His Car Moments Before Tragic Boat Accident
Forum | 14 hours ago

Video Shows Scene Where Junior Pope Parked His Car Moments Before Tragic Boat Accident

Star Trek: Strange New Worlds Season 4 Ordered, Lower Decks Ending with Season 5
Forum | 2 days ago

Star Trek: Strange New Worlds Season 4 Ordered, Lower Decks Ending with Season 5

Emma Stone to Star in Movie Directed by Husband Dave McCary for Universal
Forum | 3 days ago

Emma Stone to Star in Movie Directed by Husband Dave McCary for Universal

Chris Farley Biopic to Star Paul Walter Hauser, Director Revealed
Forum | 3 days ago

Chris Farley Biopic to Star Paul Walter Hauser, Director Revealed