Nottingham Forest make club record approach for Morgan Gibbs-White

Forum 1 year ago

Nottingham Forest make club record approach for Morgan Gibbs-White

Nottingham Forest have made an approach for Wolves midfielder Morgan Gibbs-White, 90min understands, furthering the club’s ongoing summer recruitment drive.

https://i0.wp.com/storage.waploaded.com/images/b1e062edd128f8a0e5c5427f820a275b.jpg

Gibbs-White spent last season on loan with Sheffield United and impressed in the Championship, helping the Blades into the playoffs where they were knocked out in the semi-final by Forest.

The 22-year-old scored 11 times from midfield in 35 Championship appearances during 2021/22 but has previously also played 46 Premier League games for Wolves.

Forest are not the only club interested in Gibbs-White, who was formerly an Under-17 World Cup winner with England alongside the likes of Phil Foden, Jadon Sancho and Emile Smith Rowe under the guidance of current Forest boss Steve Cooper.

But Cooper is a strong admirer of the player and Forest are hopeful of completing a deal that would see him move to the City Ground for a transfer fee set to exceed £20m.

Such a deal would represent a huge new transfer record for Forest, whose current high bar in the market was set when the club paid £13.2m to sign Joao Carvalho from Benfica in 2018.

Gibbs-White has a contract with Wolves until 2024, although 90min understands that, at present, he is not keen to extend his deal beyond then.

What's your rating?
{{ratingsCount}} Votes

Related Forums
Davido Reveals Fate Of Peruzzi, Other DMW Artists As He Launches New Record Label
Forum | 2 days ago

Davido Reveals Fate Of Peruzzi, Other DMW Artists As He Launches New Record Label

Chris Columbus to Direct The Thursday Murder Club Movie, Helen Mirren & More Eyed to Star
Forum | 3 days ago

Chris Columbus to Direct The Thursday Murder Club Movie, Helen Mirren & More Eyed to Star

Transfer: Club Brugge target summer move for Nigerian striker
Forum | 20 hours ago

Transfer: Club Brugge target summer move for Nigerian striker

I Didn’t Make A Penny At My Last Show Because People Were Scared Of Spraying Money — Rapper Speed Darlington Cries Out
Forum | 5 days ago

I Didn’t Make A Penny At My Last Show Because People Were Scared Of Spraying Money — Rapper Speed Darlington Cries Out