Bruno Fernandes believes Man Utd will return to 'glorious days'

Forum 1 year ago

Bruno Fernandes believes Man Utd will return to 'glorious days'

Bruno Fernandes believes Manchester United are on the right track in their rebuild but has admitted fans may have to wait another season before seeing the Red Devils at their best again.

https://i0.wp.com/storage.waploaded.com/images/556c1365a9785be7b2a288b50ef2eb04.jpg

United had a promising 2020/21 campaign in which they finished second in the Premier League and reached the final of the Europa League, but their progress was undone last season, recording their lowest points tally since 1990.

Fernandes remains a key figure at Old Trafford and signed a new long-term contract back in April in the midst of the team's poor run.

Speaking to Man Utd's club channels, Fernandes admitted he signed this new deal because he believes that brighter days are ahead for the 20-time champions of England.

“I believe that the club will be back at the place it deserves to be, that’s why I signed a new deal," he said. "For me, I had long talks with the club, not about the contract but about the future of the club, because I want to be part of that if I stay.

"The club wants to win, the club wants to build something. From what they have told me, I believe that the club will be back to its standards. [It] could probably not be next season at the standard that we want, but I think step by step, the club will be back in the glorious days."

Fernandes put up 10 goals - none from the penalty spot - and six assists in the Premier League last season and was the team's second leading scorer behind Cristiano Ronaldo.

The 27-year-old is now the only remaining attacking midfielder in the squad after Juan Mata's departure, though they are hoping to add Christian Eriksen to their ranks. The Dane is expected to announce whether he is heading to Old Trafford or staying at Brentford in the coming days.

What's your rating?
{{ratingsCount}} Votes

Related Forums
A Man in Full Trailer & Poster Preview Jeff Daniels-Led Netflix Series
Forum | 1 day ago

A Man in Full Trailer & Poster Preview Jeff Daniels-Led Netflix Series

Velma Season 2 Trailer Previews Return of Mindy Kaling’s Animated Scooby-Doo Series
Forum | 2 days ago

Velma Season 2 Trailer Previews Return of Mindy Kaling’s Animated Scooby-Doo Series

Outer Range Season 2 Trailer Reveals Return of Josh Brolin Sci-Fi Series
Forum | 2 days ago

Outer Range Season 2 Trailer Reveals Return of Josh Brolin Sci-Fi Series

I Met Paul As A Single Man - Ivy Ifeoma Addresses Accusations Of Being A Husband Snatcher
Forum | 2 days ago

I Met Paul As A Single Man - Ivy Ifeoma Addresses Accusations Of Being A Husband Snatcher