Duffer Brothers Discuss More Stranger Things Deaths Being ‘On The Table’

Forum 1 year ago

Duffer Brothers Discuss More Stranger Things Deaths Being ‘On The Table’

Despite hinting at some major deaths and twists in the fourth season of Stranger Things, fans were surprised to see that the finale was fairly tame in the character death department.

https://i0.wp.com/storage.waploaded.com/images/a39a611b3c39afe8758cfe0bd451eb43.jpg

During a recent interview with The Wrap, the cast of Stranger Things jokingly called out the Duffer brothers for not killing off more characters, with Millie Bobby Brown calling them “sensitive Sallies” in the process.

“You need to start killing people off,” Brown said. “The Duffer brothers are sensitive Sallies who don’t want to kill anybody off. We need to have the mindset of Game of Thrones. Kill me off! They tried killing David off and they brought him back!”

In a recent appearance on the Happy Sad Confused podcast with Josh Horowitz, Matt Duffer defended the writer’s room, noting that they routinely talk about killing off characters and that there are certainly more possibilities “on the table” in the upcoming fifth and final season.

“What did Millie call us? She said we were ‘sensitive Sallies.’ She’s hilarious,” Duffer said. “Believe us, we’ve explored all options in the writing room. Just as a complete hypothetical, if you kill Mike [Finn Wolfhard], it’s like… that’s depressing… we aren’t Game of Thrones. This is Hawkins, it’s not Westeros.

“This is me basically defending myself against these Millie Bobby Brown accusations and explaining that there are lives behind it, and it’s nothing to do with my sensitivity. So there you go, Millie.”

Recently, Stranger Things Season 4 set a record for Netflix, having been viewed for more than 287 million hours during the week of May 23-30. That’s not only good enough for the top spot of the week for Netflix, but it’s also more than enough to break the record for the streaming platform’s biggest-ever premiere weekend for an English-language series, which was previously held by season two of Bridgerton (193 million hours).

What's your rating?
{{ratingsCount}} Votes

Related Forums
The Coffee Table Digital Release Date Set for Super Dark Comedy
Forum | 1 week ago

The Coffee Table Digital Release Date Set for Super Dark Comedy

Bobrisky: Nigeria Has Become Dumping Ground For A Lot Of Things - Foluke Daramola
Forum | 1 week ago

Bobrisky: Nigeria Has Become Dumping Ground For A Lot Of Things - Foluke Daramola

Two Nigerian Brothers Plead Guilty To S*xual Extortion In Us After Suicide Death Of Teenage Boy
Forum | 1 week ago

Two Nigerian Brothers Plead Guilty To S*xual Extortion In Us After Suicide Death Of Teenage Boy

Lady Set to Wed Stranger She Met On Twitter After Helping Him Get A Job
Forum | 1 week ago

Lady Set to Wed Stranger She Met On Twitter After Helping Him Get A Job