Chris Pratt Denies Rumors That He Will Play Indiana Jones

Forum 1 year ago

Chris Pratt Denies Rumors That He Will Play Indiana Jones

Last year, rumors began circulating that Chris Pratt was in the running to play the iconic adventurer Indiana Jones in future films. According to the actor, however, that won’t be happening.

https://i0.wp.com/storage.waploaded.com/images/07e699f64f9c99b89443261244113931.jpg

During a recent guest appearance on the Happy Sad Confused podcast with Josh Horowitz, Pratt joked about the rumor and said that an interview from Harrison Ford — who originated the character — scared him off of ever wanting to play the legendary Indiana Jones.

“I don’t even know who Steven Spielberg is. Who? Steven Who?” Pratt said. “No, aren’t they doing Indiana Jones with Harrison Ford? All I know is I once saw a quote from Harrison Ford and I don’t even know if it was really him but it was enough to scare me, that was like, ‘When I die, Indiana Jones dies.’ And I’m like, am I gonna get haunted by the ghost of Harrison Ford one day when he dies if I play…?”

The exact quote Pratt is referring to stems from a 2019 interview Ford gave during an appearance on Today. In it, he said about what Pratt surmised, saying that once he’s gone, so is Jones. “Don’t you get it? I’m Indiana Jones. When I’m gone, he’s gone. It’s easy.”

While Pratt seemingly has no intention of stepping into the role, Ford himself is set to reprise it in the upcoming Indiana Jones 5. Joining him as the female lead is Emmy and Golden Globe winner Phoebe Waller-Bridge. The final installment will also feature the introduction of other franchise newcomers Antonio Banderas, Mads Mikkelsen, Thomas Kretschmann, Boyd Holbrook, and Shaunette Renée Wilson, who have been cast in undisclosed roles.

The long-awaited film is directed by Oscar nominee James Mangold (Logan) from a new screenplay he co-wrote with Jez and John-Henry Butterworth. Mangold took over the director’s chair after Steven Spielberg had exited his directorial duties for the film. Despite his exit, he will still remain part of the film’s production as a producer.

Indiana Jones 5 will be produced by Kathleen Kennedy, original franchise director Steven Spielberg, Frank Marshall, and Simon Emanuel, with John Williams returning to score the film, continuing a musical journey that began 40 years ago with Raiders of the Lost Ark.

What's your rating?
{{ratingsCount}} Votes

Related Forums
Mofe Duncan Denies Shading Angela Okorie
Forum | 3 days ago

Mofe Duncan Denies Shading Angela Okorie

UCL: Harry Kane breaks record as Bayern Munich play 2-2 with Real Madrid
Forum | 3 days ago

UCL: Harry Kane breaks record as Bayern Munich play 2-2 with Real Madrid

UCL: I’m sure – Thomas Tuchel predicts team to play final in Wembley
Forum | 3 days ago

UCL: I’m sure – Thomas Tuchel predicts team to play final in Wembley