Candy Cane Lane: Eddie Murphy to Lead Holiday Comedy for Prime Video

Forum 1 year ago

Candy Cane Lane: Eddie Murphy to Lead Holiday Comedy for Prime Video

Following last year’s streaming debut of Coming 2 America, Oscar nominee Eddie Murphy has officially signed on to his next project with Amazon Studios in the form of a holiday comedy film titled Candy Cane Lane. The project is being developed for a Prime Video release. Production is expected to begin in Los Angeles this winter.

https://i0.wp.com/storage.waploaded.com/images/6279acff28e249ccfe6aff6883d0f85c.jpg

“As we know firsthand with our hit Coming 2 America, Eddie is someone who brings global audiences together, and we can’t wait to make it happen again,” head of Amazon Studios Jennifer Salke said in a statement. “We look forward to seeing the multi-talented Reggie Hudlin take the helm in bringing this future holiday classic to life!”

Candy Cane Lane will be directed by Reginald Hudlin from a spec script written by Kelly Younger, which was inspired by Younger’s childhood holiday experiences. It will be produced by Murphy as part of his three-picture and first-look film deal with Amazon Studios.

“The holiday season is my favorite time of year—just ask my family about my nine-hour Christmas playlist,” director Reginald Hudlin said. “I‘m excited to be working again with Eddie Murphy, Brian Grazer, and Amazon.”

The film is a production by Amazon Studios, Imagine Entertainment, and Eddie Murphy Productions. It will also be produced by Imagine’s Brian Grazer and president of features Karen Lunder, as well as Charisse Hewitt-Webster, reuniting the team behind the hit romantic comedy Boomerang. This marks the seventh feature collaboration for Grazer and Murphy.

What's your rating?
{{ratingsCount}} Votes

Related Forums
Natalie Burn Joins Cast of Action Comedy Dashing Through the Snow
Forum | 1 day ago

Natalie Burn Joins Cast of Action Comedy Dashing Through the Snow

Golden Axe Animated Series Ordered at Comedy Central
Forum | 2 days ago

Golden Axe Animated Series Ordered at Comedy Central

Hit Man Poster Previews the Glen Powell-led Comedy Action Movie
Forum | 2 days ago

Hit Man Poster Previews the Glen Powell-led Comedy Action Movie