BRZRKR: Keanu Reeves Anime Planned for 2 Seasons

Forum 1 year ago

BRZRKR: Keanu Reeves Anime Planned for 2 Seasons

During San Diego Comic-Con, it was announced that BRZRKR — the Keanu Reeves-led anime series — is currently planned for two seasons.

https://i0.wp.com/storage.waploaded.com/images/928cb9afcfe0f839f75ba8dd55cf1e9f.jpg

The anime will be produced by Production I.G, and will be based on the BOOM! Studios comic series. It’s currently planned for two seasons, though little is known about how the adaptation will pace the series.

Reeves is slated to play the lead character, which makes sense given he co-created and co-wrote the comic with Matt Kindt.

“I had this idea — I wanted a character to punch people through their chest and rip their arms off,” Reeves explained at the panel. “And the idea of someone who was cursed with violence and trying to figure out who they are and how they came to be and kind of reclaiming their humanity”

“BRZRKR is a brutally epic saga about an immortal warrior’s 80,000-year fight through the ages,” reads the official synopsis. “The man known only as ‘B’ is half-mortal and half-god, cursed and compelled to violence … even at the sacrifice of his sanity. But after wandering the earth for centuries, B may have finally found a refuge – working for the U.S. government to fight the battles too violent and too dangerous for anyone else. In exchange, B will be granted the one thing he desires – the truth about his endless blood-soaked existence … and how to end it.”

What's your rating?
{{ratingsCount}} Votes

Related Forums
Good Fortune Cast: Sandra Oh Joins Keanu Reeves in Comedy Movie
Forum | 1 week ago

Good Fortune Cast: Sandra Oh Joins Keanu Reeves in Comedy Movie

Netflix’s Avatar: The Last Airbender Gets New Showrunners for Seasons 2 & 3
Forum | 1 week ago

Netflix’s Avatar: The Last Airbender Gets New Showrunners for Seasons 2 & 3

Ryan Gosling Planned His Oscars Performance Down to a Tee
Forum | 2 weeks ago

Ryan Gosling Planned His Oscars Performance Down to a Tee