Shudder Announces Latest V/H/S Film, Sets Release Date

Forum 1 year ago

Shudder Announces Latest V/H/S Film, Sets Release Date

The horror anthology film series V/H/S is returning with a fifth entry just in time for Halloween, as Shudder has announced that V/H/S/99 will release on October 20, 2022.

https://i0.wp.com/storage.waploaded.com/images/0235026976f6a6db6a4580609a8c729f.jpg

The new anthology film will once again feature a variety of new horror short films, all directed by some of the most renowned genre filmmakers working today, including Maggie Levin (Into The Dark: My Valentine), Johannes Roberts (47 Meters Down, Resident Evil: Welcome To Raccoon City), Flying Lotus (Kuso), Tyler MacIntyre (Tragedy Girls), and Joseph & Vanessa Winter (Deadstream).

As is the case with every V/H/S entry, V/H/S/99 will feature an overarching story that connects throughout each film as well. This time, it’ll focus on “a thirsty teenager’s home video” as it leads to a series of horrifying discoveries.

“V/H/S/94 set a new bar for what is already a fantastic film franchise, featuring some of the best horror anthology segments in recent memory by an incredible lineup of filmmakers,” said Craig Engler, GM of Shudder. “We knew immediately that we wanted to continue the series, and what the producers have come up with in V/H/S/99 will be the biggest and best film yet in the series, and we can’t wait for Shudder members to see it.”

The last V/H/S film, V/H/S/94, also dove into the world of the 90s when it was released last year on Shudder. That film also featured a wide variety of creative shorts, including shorts about a deranged scientist who creates a mechanical-human hybrid, a group of vampire hunters, and more.

What's your rating?
{{ratingsCount}} Votes

Related Forums
Lady In Shock As Man She Asked On A Date Invites Her To His Wedding
Forum | 6 hours ago

Lady In Shock As Man She Asked On A Date Invites Her To His Wedding

My Spy: The Eternal City Photo Sets Release Date for Dave Bautista Sequel
Forum | 13 hours ago

My Spy: The Eternal City Photo Sets Release Date for Dave Bautista Sequel

The Devil’s Bath Shudder Release Date Confirmed for Period Horror Movie
Forum | 13 hours ago

The Devil’s Bath Shudder Release Date Confirmed for Period Horror Movie