Brett Goldstein Discusses Surprise MCU Role

Forum 1 year ago

Brett Goldstein Discusses Surprise MCU Role

Brett Goldstein is most famously known for his Emmy Award-winning performance in Apple TV+’s Ted Lasso, but recently, the actor appeared in a surprise role in Thor: Love and Thunder, a role the actor said he had to keep very secret.

https://i0.wp.com/storage.waploaded.com/images/112e674714deef5d4fdc6f0bbd1c3265.jpg

For those unaware, Goldstein appears in the very last post-credits scene of Thor: Love and Thunder as Hercules, the son of Russell Crowe’s Zeus. In the scene, Zeus — who survived a lightning bolt through the chest from Thor — can be seen being tended to, while also seemingly sending out his son to track down and kill the God of Thunder.

Speaking to Variety at the Ted Lasso Emmy FYC event at the Maybourne in Beverly Hills, California, Goldstein recalled originally getting fitted for the outfit of Hercules, and marveling at just how “perfect” everything was. “I’ve never had anything fit me so well,” Goldstein said. “The shoes! I gotta tell you about the shoes. I got weird big feet, but the shoes were perfect. I put them on and they were perfect from the start. They fit me perfectly.”

Goldstein’s Ted Lasso co-star Hannah Waddingham also spoke about the casting, revealing that while Goldstein initially kept things under wraps, he did ask her for help on deciding whether or not to take the role, something Waddingham said was a no-brainer for her.

“He said to me, ‘I’ve been offered this thing and was wondering if I should take it?’” Waddingham said. “I went, ‘Are you mental? Are you having a little bit of a moment?’ He was like, ‘Why?’ I went, ‘Are you seriously thinking you might not play Hercules for like three seconds?'”

What's your rating?
{{ratingsCount}} Votes

Related Forums
New Deadpool & Wolverine Trailer Shows More of Hugh Jackman’s MCU Debut
Forum | 1 day ago

New Deadpool & Wolverine Trailer Shows More of Hugh Jackman’s MCU Debut

Rebecca Ferguson Discusses Mission: Impossible Exit: ‘It Needs to Be Worth It’
Forum | 5 days ago

Rebecca Ferguson Discusses Mission: Impossible Exit: ‘It Needs to Be Worth It’

The Fantastic Four: Joseph Quinn Teases ‘Compelling’ & ‘Brilliant’ MCU Reboot
Forum | 6 days ago

The Fantastic Four: Joseph Quinn Teases ‘Compelling’ & ‘Brilliant’ MCU Reboot

Michael Douglas Wanted Hank Pym’s MCU Death in Ant-Man and the Wasp: Quantumania
Forum | 6 days ago

Michael Douglas Wanted Hank Pym’s MCU Death in Ant-Man and the Wasp: Quantumania