Karim Benzema wins UEFA Champions League player of the season award

Forum 1 year ago

Karim Benzema wins UEFA Champions League player of the season award

Rather unsurprisingly, Karim Benzema has won the 2021/22 UEFA Champions League player of the season award.

https://i0.wp.com/storage.waploaded.com/images/27c9fd0dd2b3cef1e6fc6c67acab089c.jpg

The forward was in career-best form last season, scoring 15 goals and nabbing two assists as he inspired Real Madrid to their 14th UEFA Champions League triumph.

Benzema's best performances during the tournament came against Paris Saint-Germain and Manchester City when his goals clawed Los Blancos back from the brink of elimination to progress through the tournament.

In scoring 15 goals in the competition last season Benz became the joint-third (with Robert Lewandowski) highest goalscorer in UEFA Champions League history, scoring 86 goals in Europe's premier competition.

The France international wasn't the only Real Madrid player to win an award on Wednesday evening as his teammate Vinicius Junior also scooped up the UEFA Champions League young player of the season gong.

Vinicius enjoyed a breakout 2021/22 campaign, scoring 22 goals in competitions, with four of those coming in the Champions League.

What's your rating?
{{ratingsCount}} Votes

Related Forums
Fallout Season 2: Fallout 3 Radio DJ Wants to Appear in Show
Forum | 1 day ago

Fallout Season 2: Fallout 3 Radio DJ Wants to Appear in Show

Champions League: Mbappe names club he wants to win trophy with
Forum | 1 day ago

Champions League: Mbappe names club he wants to win trophy with

Premier League suits my style more than Serie A – Lookman
Forum | 1 day ago

Premier League suits my style more than Serie A – Lookman