George R.R. Martin Was ‘Out of the Loop’ on Game of Thrones’ Final Seasons

Forum 1 year ago

George R.R. Martin Was ‘Out of the Loop’ on Game of Thrones’ Final Seasons

When HBO’s Game of Thrones adaptation ended, fans weren’t incredibly happy with how things played out. Many wondered just how much input author George R.R. Martin had on things, and according to him, it wasn’t too much.

https://i0.wp.com/storage.waploaded.com/images/a89827fa4c0b1b3a41a323c178341d66.jpg

Speaking to The New York Times in a recent interview, Martin said that he was “pretty much out of the loop” by the time the final few seasons of the show were being made. As for why that was the case, he had no idea.

“By season five and six, and certainly seven and eight, I was pretty much out of the loop,” Martin said. When asked why, Martin added, “I don’t know — you have to ask Dan and David.”

Despite what fans saw as a lackluster ending, Martin is not done with the world of Game of Thrones. Earlier this year, the author detailed in a blog post that his plans for the ending of the A Song of Ice and Fire series will be different than what happened in the series.

“One thing I can say, in general enough terms that I will not be spoiling anything: not all of the characters who survived until the end of Game of Thrones will survive until the end of A Song of Ice & Fire, and not all of the characters who died on Game of Thrones will die in A Song of Ice & Fire. Some will, sure. Of course. Maybe most. But definitely not all. Of course, I could change my mind again next week, with the next chapter I write. That’s gardening. And the ending? You will need to wait until I get there. Some things will be the same. A lot will not.”

In the meantime, Martin has been an advisor on HBO’s upcoming series House of the Dragons, which is mostly based on his book Fire & Blood. The series chronicles the rise and downfall of the Targaryens, who are the only family of dragonlords to survive the Doom of Valyria. It takes place 300 years before the events of the award-winning series adaptation of Game of Thrones, which aired its final episode nearly two years ago.

What's your rating?
{{ratingsCount}} Votes

Related Forums
Moment Bride Arrives School in Wedding Gown to Write Her Final Exam
Forum | 18 hours ago

Moment Bride Arrives School in Wedding Gown to Write Her Final Exam

Philip Shaibu Excluded As INEC Releases Final List Of Candidates For Edo Guber Election
Forum | 2 days ago

Philip Shaibu Excluded As INEC Releases Final List Of Candidates For Edo Guber Election

Challengers Final Trailer Shows Zendaya’s Love Triangle in Romantic Sports Movie
Forum | 2 days ago

Challengers Final Trailer Shows Zendaya’s Love Triangle in Romantic Sports Movie

LaKeith Stanfield to Star in Video Game Adaptation El Paso, Elsewhere
Forum | 2 days ago

LaKeith Stanfield to Star in Video Game Adaptation El Paso, Elsewhere