Physical Season 3 Announced, Creator Issues Statement

Forum 1 year ago

Physical Season 3 Announced, Creator Issues Statement

The third season of Apple TV+’s dark comedy series Physical is officially happening, with Deadline reporting that the series has been renewed for another season.

https://i0.wp.com/storage.waploaded.com/images/eac3cf3d70fff842d25a07f23e42c106.jpg

The series, which premiered in 2021 on the streaming service, just saw its second season premiere in June 2022. In a statement on the renewal, creator and showrunner Annie Weisman said she was “thrilled” to continue telling the story of Sheila (Rose Bryne) and to be able to keep working with everyone on the series.

“I am thrilled for the opportunity to continue telling Sheila’s story in creative collaboration with Rose Byrne and the rest of our incredible cast, writers, and crew. Rose’s breathtaking, hilarious and brave performance is the north star on our show’s journey of personal empowerment and transformation in 80’s Southern California in all its synth-pop, sun-baked, spandex-clad glory,” said Weisman. “The feedback we’ve received from audiences who continue to discover and feel seen by Physical is the most deeply gratifying experience of my career, and I’m so grateful to our team at Apple and Tomorrow Studios for making this dream a reality.”

Physical is a half-hour dark comedy centering around Sheila Rubin, a quietly tormented housewife in ’80s San Diego who discovers empowerment through aerobics. The series stars Rose Byrne, Rory Scovel, Dierdre Friel, Della Saba, Lou Taylor Pucci, and Paul Sparks.

“Season two finds our hero Sheila Rubin (Byrne) having successfully launched her first fitness video only to encounter some new and bigger obstacles on her path,” reads the synopsis. “She is torn between loyalty to her husband (Scovel) and the values he represents and a dangerous attraction to someone else. And since she’s no longer the only game in town, she finds herself having to outrun some fierce new competitors on the road to building a full-fledged fitness empire.”

Additional cast includes Murray Bartlett in the new role of Vincent ‘Vinnie’ Green, a charismatic fitness instructor, weight-loss guru, and pioneer of the late-night infomercial.

Physical is created and executive produced by Annie Weisman, who also serves as the showrunner. It is directed by Craig Gillespie (I Tonya, Cruella), Liza Johnson, and Stephanie Laing. Executive producers are Gillespie, Johnson, Laing, Byrne, Alexandra Cunningham, John McNamara, and Sera Gamble, along with Tomorrow Studios’ Becky Clements.

What's your rating?
{{ratingsCount}} Votes

Related Forums
Elsbeth Season 2 Set by CBS for The Good Wife Spin-off
Forum | 8 hours ago

Elsbeth Season 2 Set by CBS for The Good Wife Spin-off

Pretty Little Liars Season 2 Trailer Previews Max Thriller’s Newest Villain
Forum | 13 hours ago

Pretty Little Liars Season 2 Trailer Previews Max Thriller’s Newest Villain

Wild Eyed and Wicked Release Date Announced for Fantasy Horror Movie
Forum | 13 hours ago

Wild Eyed and Wicked Release Date Announced for Fantasy Horror Movie