New Amsterdam Season 5 Adds Kathryn Prescott for a Recurring Role

Forum 1 year ago

New Amsterdam Season 5 Adds Kathryn Prescott for a Recurring Role

According to TVLine, British actress Kathryn Prescott has been tapped for a recurring role in the upcoming fifth and final season of the NBC medical drama New Amsterdam.

https://i0.wp.com/storage.waploaded.com/images/50cae9d084dd082bc6814069ca40f1b8.jpg

Prescott is set to play Vanessa, the estranged sister of Janet Montgomery’s Dr. Lauren Bloom. The new character is further described as “a wild child who refuses to grow up, get a job, stay sober, and play by the rules.”

Prescott’s notable TV credits include Doctors, Skins, Reign, Finding Carter, The Son, and The Rookie. She also led the family comedy sequel A Dog’s Journey starring opposite Dennis Quaid and Josh Gad.

“We wish Freema the best of luck on her next chapter and the doors of New Amsterdam will always be open if she wishes to return,” Schulner and Horton said in a statement. “We are extremely proud of the impact Freema and Dr. Helen Sharpe have made over these past four seasons and are so grateful to have been a part of that story. As we head into the fifth and final season, we want our #Sharpwin fans to know we still have a few surprises in store for them.”

Inspired by Dr. Eric Manheimer’s Twelve Patients: Life and Death at Bellevue Hospital, the series centers around Dr. Max Goodwin, who becomes the medical director at one of the oldest public hospitals in America. Starting with the question “How can I help,” it follows the challenges that Max will have to face in order to make the hospital accessible for everyone.

New Amsterdam currently stars Ryan Eggold (The Blacklist), Janet Montgomery (Salem), Jocko Sims (The Last Ship), and Tyler Labine (Tucker & Dale vs Evil).

The series is created, written, and executive produced by David Schulner. It is produced by Universal Television, Pico Creek Productions, and Mount Moriah.

What's your rating?
{{ratingsCount}} Votes

Related Forums
For All Mankind Season 5 Renewal, Russia Spin-off Ordered at Apple TV+
Forum | 1 day ago

For All Mankind Season 5 Renewal, Russia Spin-off Ordered at Apple TV+

Zendaya on Status of Euphoria Season 3: ‘It’s Beyond Me’
Forum | 1 day ago

Zendaya on Status of Euphoria Season 3: ‘It’s Beyond Me’

Acapulco Season 3 Trailer Previews Return of Apple TV+ Comedy
Forum | 1 day ago

Acapulco Season 3 Trailer Previews Return of Apple TV+ Comedy