Michael Keaton Reacts to Batgirl Movie Cancellation, His DCEU Future

Forum 1 year ago

Michael Keaton Reacts to Batgirl Movie Cancellation, His DCEU Future

Michael Keaton was set to appear in the now canceled Batgirl film in a reprisal of his iconic role as Batman, a role that he now says we’ll have to wait a bit longer to see.

https://i0.wp.com/storage.waploaded.com/images/fdf97e81cf75da716cc473b9ad505115.jpg

Speaking to Deadline following his appearance at the Emmy Awards, Keaton touched briefly on the cancellation of Batgirl, noting that the decision wasn’t due to the quality of the film

“I think it was a business decision. It was a film, it was a good one,” said Keaton of the Batgirl cancellation.

The decorated actor was then asked when fans might see him next in the role of Batman. Due to the recent changes at Warner Bros. Discovery, Keaton is just as lost as the rest of us. “I don’t know, ” said Keaton of when he’ll be seen as Batman next. “I really have no idea.”

While Keaton may not know, it does seem highly likely that the next time fans will get the chance to see him in the role is in the upcoming The Flash film, which is still scheduled to release on June 23, 2023. Of course, given the uncertainty surrounding that film and star Ezra Miller, it’s unknown if that film will land on its current release date as of now.

What's your rating?
{{ratingsCount}} Votes

Related Forums
Jemima Osunde Reacts After Trolls Slammed Her for Defending Pastor Paul Enenche
Forum | 2 days ago

Jemima Osunde Reacts After Trolls Slammed Her for Defending Pastor Paul Enenche

Buhari’s Ex-aide Reacts As APC Suspends Ganduje
Forum | 3 days ago

Buhari’s Ex-aide Reacts As APC Suspends Ganduje

I
Forum | 3 days ago

I'm Not Scared - Destiny Etiko Reacts After Two Prophets Warned Her About Some Colleagues’ Plans To End Her Life

EPL: They’re not out of title race – Gary Neville reacts to Arsenal’s 2-0 defeat to Villa
Forum | 3 days ago

EPL: They’re not out of title race – Gary Neville reacts to Arsenal’s 2-0 defeat to Villa