The Strangers Remake Unveils Lead Cast Including Madelaine Petsch

Forum 1 year ago

The Strangers Remake Unveils Lead Cast Including Madelaine Petsch

According to Deadline, Lionsgate is currently producing a remake of the hit 2008 psychological horror film The Strangers. Riverdale star Madeline Petsch, Froy Gutierrez (Teen Wolf), and Gabriel Basso (Hillbilly Elegy) have been cast for leading roles in the upcoming home invasion remake, which has just started its production in Slovakia.

https://i0.wp.com/storage.waploaded.com/images/6de577525d51b1e8fcb4f83afc5f00b4.jpg

The story revolves around Petsch’s unnamed character, who will go on a cross-country road trip with her longtime boyfriend (Gutierrez) to begin a new life in the Pacific Northwest. “When their car breaks down in Venus, Oregon, they’re forced to spend the night in a secluded Airbnb, where they are terrorized from dusk till dawn by three masked strangers,” reads the synopsis.

The Strangers remake is being directed by Renny Harlin, who’s also set to helm two more planned sequels. It is co-written by Alan R. Cohen and Alan Freedland.

“My mother instilled the love of movies in me through the world of Hitchcock and other masters of suspense and horror,” Harlin said in a statement. “My breakthrough to Hollywood happened with the success of A Nightmare on Elm Street 4. It is only fitting that I get to return to my favorite genre with the incredibly well-written trilogy of The Strangers. The characters and the storyline are all grounded in reality and offer me an endless tapestry of haunting visuals in bringing these movies alive.”

Producers are Courtney Solomon, Mark Canton, Christopher Milburn, Gary Raskin, Charlie Dombeck, Alastair Birlingham, Frame Film SK, Johanna Harlin, Juan Garcia Peredo, and Alberto Burgueno. It is executive produced by Andrei Boncea, Dorothy Canton, and Roy Lee.

What's your rating?
{{ratingsCount}} Votes

Related Forums
Natalie Burn Joins Cast of Action Comedy Dashing Through the Snow
Forum | 1 day ago

Natalie Burn Joins Cast of Action Comedy Dashing Through the Snow

Now You See Me 3 Cast Adds Justice Smith, Dominic Sessa, & More
Forum | 2 days ago

Now You See Me 3 Cast Adds Justice Smith, Dominic Sessa, & More

Superman Cast Finds Pa Kent DCU Actor
Forum | 2 days ago

Superman Cast Finds Pa Kent DCU Actor