Scream 6: Melissa Barrera Teases ‘Mortifying’ New Setting

Forum 1 year ago

Scream 6: Melissa Barrera Teases ‘Mortifying’ New Setting

When the untitled upcoming sixth entry in the Scream franchise premieres next year, it will move the franchise out of the creepy confines of Woodsboro and into New York City — a decision that actress Melissa Barrera says will result in more dread.

https://i0.wp.com/storage.waploaded.com/images/c8dd01a5c30567e44e718314347923f8.jpg

Speaking to Collider about the upcoming film and its new setting, Barrera said that the setting of New York City is much more “mortifying” than in a place like Woodsboro due to the sheer size of the city combined with how everyone is mostly doing their own thing.

“It’s like 20 times more mortifying,” Barrera said. “It’s awful. Because you also see how, in a city like New York City, everyone is kind of doing their own thing, and someone is screaming for help, and no one will come to their help. No one comes to help them, you know, like, everyone’s kind of like, ‘I’m not getting into that.’ So it’s mortifying because you’re chased by Ghostface, but you also see humanity and how that reacts in a situation like that. Anyway, I think I’ve already probably said too much.”

The film will star returning cast members of 2022’s Scream , including Melissa Barrera (Vida), Jenna Ortega (The Babysitter: Killer Queen), Mason Gooding (Booksmart), Jasmin Savoy Brown (The Leftovers), and Samara Weaving (Ready or Not). They will be joined by franchise newcomers Delmot Mulroney, Henry Czerny, Jack Champion, Liana Liberato, Devyn Nekoda, and Josh Segarra.

Scream 6 will also see the directors of the 2022 film Scream return, with Radio Silence’s Matt Bettinelli-Olpin and Tyler Gillett stepping back into the franchise after the success of the fifth film. The next installment will reportedly continue with “the four survivors of the Ghostface killings as they leave Woodsboro behind and start a fresh chapter.”

What's your rating?
{{ratingsCount}} Votes

Related Forums
Trap Trailer Previews New M. Night Shyamalan Thriller Movie With Josh Hartnett
Forum | 1 day ago

Trap Trailer Previews New M. Night Shyamalan Thriller Movie With Josh Hartnett

My Adventures with Superman Season 2 First Look Teases New Threats
Forum | 1 day ago

My Adventures with Superman Season 2 First Look Teases New Threats

The Fantastic Four: Joseph Quinn Teases ‘Compelling’ & ‘Brilliant’ MCU Reboot
Forum | 2 days ago

The Fantastic Four: Joseph Quinn Teases ‘Compelling’ & ‘Brilliant’ MCU Reboot