Naomi Ackie is Whitney Houston in I Wanna Dance With Somebody Trailer

Forum 1 year ago

Naomi Ackie is Whitney Houston in I Wanna Dance With Somebody Trailer

Sony Pictures has released an official trailer for I Wanna Dance With Somebody, the upcoming biographical drama about the life and music of Whitney Houston.

https://i0.wp.com/storage.waploaded.com/images/71a5f9e58acd43971c5e3148803f15b4.jpg

The video provides us with our first look at Naomi Ackie’s portrayal of the late legendary singer. It gives us a preview of Houston’s rise to fame and career highlights, as well as her bond with producer Clive Davis.

The film is currently scheduled to arrive in theaters on December 21, pitting it directly against DreamWorks’ animated sequel Puss in Boots: The Last Wish. It will also be debuting in the same month as other high-profile films, including Avatar: The Way of Water and Babylon.

I Wanna Dance With Somebody, a title derived from one of Houston’s iconic songs, is directed by Kasi Lemmons (Harriet) from a screenplay written by Anthony McCarten (Bohemian Rhapsody). Joining Ackie are Stanley Tucci, Ashton Sanders, Tamara Tunie, Nafessa Williams, and Clarke Peters.

Check out the I Wanna Dance With Somebody trailer below:

“The film is a powerful and triumphant celebration of the incomparable Whitney Houston,” reads the synopsis. “It is a no-holds-barred portrait of the complex and multifaceted woman behind The Voice. From New Jersey choir girl to one of the best-selling and most awarded recording artists of all time, audiences are taken on an inspirational, poignant — and so emotional — journey through Houston’s trailblazing life and career, with show-stopping performances and a soundtrack of the icon’s most beloved hits as you’ve never heard them before. Don’t you wanna dance?”

Producers are McCarten, Grammy-winning producer Clive Davis, Pat Houston, and Primary Wave’s Larry Mester and Denis O’Sullivan, with Stella Meghie (The Photograph), who was previously attached to direct, still serving as an executive producer.

I Wanna Dance With Somebody is a co-production by The Whitney Houston Estate and Primary Wave. Due to the blessing of Houston’s estate and Davis, the project has been authorized to use the late singer’s catalog and vocals. Nicole Brown, Shary Shirazi, and Brittany Morrissey are also set to oversee the project on behalf of TriStar Pictures.

What's your rating?
{{ratingsCount}} Votes

Related Forums
Longlegs Teaser Trailer Previews Nicolas Cage Horror Movie
Forum | 1 day ago

Longlegs Teaser Trailer Previews Nicolas Cage Horror Movie

Something in the Water Trailer Previews Shark Attack Movie
Forum | 1 day ago

Something in the Water Trailer Previews Shark Attack Movie

Acapulco Season 3 Trailer Previews Return of Apple TV+ Comedy
Forum | 1 day ago

Acapulco Season 3 Trailer Previews Return of Apple TV+ Comedy