I Paved Way For Half Of The Big Money In Nigeria’s Music Industry - Charly Boy Brags

Forum 1 year ago

I Paved Way For Half Of The Big Money In Nigeria’s Music Industry - Charly Boy Brags

A lot of music is created within the Afrobeats genre annually, with new artistes frequently joining the bandwagon.

https://i0.wp.com/storage.waploaded.com/images/ec475730d2187b4b510b1830aaf73f84.jpg

Veteran Nigerian singer, Charly Boy, who also a human rights activist, has made some fresh claims.

The singer says he’s responsible for half of the big monies in Nigeria’s music industry.

A lot of music is created within the Afrobeats genre annually, with new artistes frequently joining the bandwagon.

Nigeria’s critically acclaimed hitmakers are clinching deals with major labels and bagging prestigious awards.

In an interview with TVC, Charly Boy said he led the defense for indigenous artistes when the local music industry was being overrun by foreign elements amid what he termed “the disrespect” from the corporate community.

“I may sound a little cocky saying this. But I’m responsible for half of the stuff that you see now, for the big money in this industry. I remember a time when corporate Nigeria was disrespecting my colleagues,” Charly Boy said.

“There was this influx of foreign artistes to the detriment of Nigerian artistes. I was the one who stood up to all of that. I fought them and got a lot of beating for that as usual. Story of my life.

“Anything coming from Africa is not being marketed as it should be. Back in the days as PMAN president, I always said I could give you 20 in my street for every Micheal Jackson there was.

“I knew the power my colleagues had; the abundant talent. Now, see what’s happening. We’re the first in music. We’re champions in tech and sports. Some young people are in the country making their money in dollars.”

Charly Boy, born Charles Oputa, has been a singer-songwriter, television presenter, publisher, and producer.

He is best known for his alternative lifestyle, political views, and media productions notably The Charly Boy Show.

The controversial singer has served as president of the Performing Musicians Association of Nigeria (PMAN).

What's your rating?
{{ratingsCount}} Votes

Related Forums
Dead Boy Detectives Sneak Peek Unveils First 5 Minutes of Netflix Series
Forum | 3 days ago

Dead Boy Detectives Sneak Peek Unveils First 5 Minutes of Netflix Series

Bobrisky: Nigeria Has Become Dumping Ground For A Lot Of Things - Foluke Daramola
Forum | 3 days ago

Bobrisky: Nigeria Has Become Dumping Ground For A Lot Of Things - Foluke Daramola

Nigerian Woman Prepares Perfect Birthday Gift For Her Friend Who Loves To Gossip
Forum | 4 days ago

Nigerian Woman Prepares Perfect Birthday Gift For Her Friend Who Loves To Gossip

Missing 7-year-old Boy Found Dead In Kano
Forum | 4 days ago

Missing 7-year-old Boy Found Dead In Kano